Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw on Twitter that “Freevee” will be showing 2011/2012 Neighbours from Monday.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Its also online you just go to amazon's website, you just type freevee in search bar

Reactions: 2
I just saw on Twitter that “Freevee” will be showing 2011/2012 Neighbours from Monday.
Thanks, I hadn't heard about that. It all seems very quiet I would have thought there would be a drip drip of information coming out by now. I don't do social media though so don't hear everything!

Reactions: 1
Thanks, I hadn't heard about that. It all seems very quiet I would have thought there would be a drip drip of information coming out by now. I don't do social media though so don't hear everything!
I'd have thought neighbours ig page would have advertised it. Alan Fletcher did a post the other day of him outside Harold's waiting for it to open together a coffee and ends it with 'I wish they'd hurry up".

No news on whose returning either, it’s been very quiet. Wonder if there’s issues behind the scenes.

Reactions: 4
No news on whose returning either, it’s been very quiet. Wonder if there’s issues behind the scenes.
I wonder if they've already cast the cast but they've signed agreements. April said that most of the cast have moved away from Melbourne, so I guess if they decide to keep any of the recent cast it's if they want to move back.
I wondered if it was a play not to announce cast members other than the heritage 4, so we keep talking about it.

I wonder if they've already cast the cast but they've signed agreements. April said that most of the cast have moved away from Melbourne, so I guess if they decide to keep any of the recent cast it's if they want to move back.
I wondered if it was a play not to announce cast members other than the heritage 4, so we keep talking about it.

In this article, a Channel 10 exec briefly touches upon the Neighbours revival. Apparently, production is still in its very early stages hence the lack of new news. Only recently, execs at 10 have received early drafts of scripts.

However, with the tour arriving in the UK, next month and one of the people on this tour is indeed April-Rose Pengilly I think we’ll receive some form of confirmation as to whether or not she’s returning for this revival or whether she’s been asked to return or not, which will give an indication as to if they’ve asked anyone back yet. For example, I’m sure there’s a Q&A section during the shows, and it’s inevitable that someone will ask April if she’s returning considering she’ll be sat on stage alongside all the other announced returnees so she’ll have to have a prepared answer.

Realistically I don’t think we’ll hear too much news of whose returning until they actually start filming, which could be as late as July, considering the only thing we know is that Neighbours is returning in the second half of 2023, which for all we know could mean the show’s new episodes could air as late as December. In 2021, Waterloo Road was announced to be returning in 2022. Whilst the series was delayed we didn’t hear any details of the plot or the place where the show was being filmed until the last few weeks of December (a few weeks before the show transmitted on air). I’m not saying the waiting period for any news about returnees will be this long, but it’s certainly a possibility.

Reactions: 5
I’m going to the birmingham show so if we haven’t heard I’ll see if I can ask that question. Will be interesting to see what they talk about as it would have been planned as a walk down memory lane but now they will want to plug the relaunch.

More news just in regarding the classic episodes:

“Following on from this, the service will launch a library season of Neighbours every month, as well as a number of free ad-supported streaming channels (or FAST channels), including 'Neighbours – Looking Back' (Channel 1) and 'Best of Neighbours' (Channel 2).”

I’m so glad that a library season of Neighbours will now launch monthly in the run up to the show’s return considering 2012 wasn’t a great year for the show, but we can expect better batches of episodes ahead!

Reactions: 3
I quite like that its starting then as I believe thats near enough when I stopped watching. Past 10 years i've mainly just known whats going on by reading it. Then watched the last couple of Months & the odd episodes( Endgame/Dee's return)

A year ago today, the axe was swung on this TV show. A year on, and it’s future looks completely different.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've just seen the 2012 trailer in freevee and I've realised that I was avidly watching it then. I hadn't realised it's been a year since we found out they were cancelling it

Reactions: 6
I’ve roughly worked out when Neighbours will resume filming. Alan Fletcher has just made an announcement on his Instagram that he’ll be going live on 9th February (that equates to 10am in UK on 10th February if you wish to tune in). He states that once he’s done the Neighbours Celebration Tour he’ll be touring with his music across the UK. The Point Album Tour will start from March 25th and will end on April 9th. Neighbours will then resume filming. He’ll then come back to the UK for his Dr. Karl in Conversation Tour which starts on June 1st. Therefore, Neighbours starts filming between mid-April and May. I assume it will likely start in April so Alan has time to film quite a few scenes considering he’ll be absent from filming for more than a month.

I’ve roughly worked out when Neighbours will resume filming. Alan Fletcher has just made an announcement on his Instagram that he’ll be going live on 9th February (that equates to 10am in UK on 10th February if you wish to tune in). He states that once he’s done the Neighbours Celebration Tour he’ll be touring with his music across the UK. The Point Album Tour will start from March 25th and will end on April 9th. Neighbours will then resume filming. He’ll then come back to the UK for his Dr. Karl in Conversation Tour which starts on June 1st. Therefore, Neighbours starts filming between mid-April and May. I assume it will likely start in April so Alan has time to film quite a few scenes considering he’ll be absent from filming for more than a month.
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/a42799613/neighbours-time-jump-ryan-moloney/ Looks like you could be right and it may skip a few yrs in the future from last yr. It's will probably have to because things will look very different to last July I am guessing..

Reactions: 1

Here’s a link to a podcast which featured Lauren Anderson whose an executive at Amazon and who was heavily influential in acquiring Neighbours. Listen from 30 mins in, to hear her segment on the podcast. She talks about how Neighbours is going to be made with a predominant focus on its UK audience, considering it’s regarded as an institution here. One thing she also states which I think is highly promising, is that Freevee will only commission shows that they are willing to dedicate themselves to, to ensure they are successful. For example, she states the streamer is unlikely to commission a show and drop it after one series. This means that there’s definitely a good chance Neighbours could survive beyond its initial two year commission period with Freevee. She also states that she’s determined to make sure the show remains the same and hopefully is in an even better shape, prior to its axe. There’s also a sweet little anecdote where she explains how the recommissioning of Neighbours came about. It turns out one of Lauren’s colleagues over in the UK, was very sad when Neighbours was ending which heavily influenced Freevee to step in and save the show. She also states us as viewers will have access to thousands of classic episodes.

She gave perfect reasoning as to why Freevee have commissioned a soap, to the point I’m surprised this is the first time a streamer has decided to commission a soap. Think about it. Soaps are on daily therefore audiences are constantly engaging with content produced by broadcasters on a regular basis. With increasing demand for ad-supported streaming, I could definitely another soap being commissioned by a streaming giant. Old Brookside episodes have been acquired by STV and they’re already proving hugely popular on that streaming service. It’s so weird that two axed soaps Neighbours and Brookside are potentially instigating the establishment of soaps on streaming platforms. Could Neighbours and Brookside save the soap genre?

Last edited:
I feel now seems a time when a streamed soap could actually work.
A few Years ago it was attempted in America with One Life To Live & All My Children and it failed mainly because their viewers wernt sure how to watch etc. Now more of us know & have the streaming sites.
Also Days of our Lives is now streaming only & I believe doing ok

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.