Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the episode where Susan goes blind and has a panic attack in the MRI, still makes me cry 😭
I just watched the 2012 episode when her dead dog accidentally ends up in the dustbin van 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Stefan needs to get back to looking like Paul Robinson as he looks like he's aged badly. It's a case of seeing who comes back because they need the money and who doesn't come back because they have moved on to bigger and better things. The show doesn't need Jane back and it spoils the send off they gave the character.

Stefan needs to get back to looking like Paul Robinson as he looks like he's aged badly. It's a case of seeing who comes back because they need the money and who doesn't come back because they have moved on to bigger and better things. The show doesn't need Jane back and it spoils the send off they gave the character.

Yes Stefan looks very different still, he will need a good haircut and shave to get anywhere near back to Paul...I do agree ref Jane wanted her to have relocated with Mike somewhere for a happy ever after .. PS just seen other comments before my last one sorry....Yes I agree surely Mel is coming back. I think there will be a backlash if she doesn't.
---
I'd love it if he came back for at least one episode or we see them on the phone together. I am wondering if the final will all be a dream
I hope not that would be a bit too Crossroads like and look what happened there...I realise you are only talking about the last day though rather than a big chunk of time..

Last edited:
Yes Stefan looks very different still, he will need a good haircut and shave to get anywhere near back to Paul...I do agree ref Jane wanted her to have relocated with Mike somewhere for a happy ever after .. PS just seen other comments before my last one sorry....Yes I agree surely Mel is coming back. I think there will be a backlash if she doesn't.
---

I hope not that would be a bit too Crossroads like and look what happened there...I realise you are only talking about the last day though rather than a big chunk of time..
I did mean the last day, well week. I suppose they could just say that lots of people moved away, etc. I'm sure they'll use their soap creativity to explain new characters etc.
I've got a child free day today, so I'm going to be lazy and watch some classic neighbours.

Reactions: 2
A screenshot of Lucinda Cowden’s liked comments on Twitter 👀…
3B7228F3-0507-4B90-A3E5-D698086EB899.jpeg

It’s clear Lucinda is intent on returning to Neighbours. There’s absolutely no way production haven’t asked her back, considering how popular she proved to be amongst fans and let’s face it, she was a far more significant character in the show than the likes of Leo and Elly, one name who is returning and the other is very likely to return in some capacity. From what I gather she still lives near Melbourne meaning she’s much closer to Nunawading Studios than the likes of Rebekah whose moved away from Melbourne but is still returning to the show. Therefore, I’d expect an announcement imminently that Melanie is returning.

I’d really like Mel back. I wasn’t sure about her and toadie at first but now I love them as a couple and she’s such a great character. I’m getting super excited as we are going to the birmingham date of the tour. 16 days and counting!

Reactions: 4
A screenshot of Lucinda Cowden’s liked comments on Twitter 👀…
View attachment 1995453

It’s clear Lucinda is intent on returning to Neighbours. There’s absolutely no way production haven’t asked her back, considering how popular she proved to be amongst fans and let’s face it, she was a far more significant character in the show than the likes of Leo and Elly, one name who is returning and the other is very likely to return in some capacity. From what I gather she still lives near Melbourne meaning she’s much closer to Nunawading Studios than the likes of Rebekah whose moved away from Melbourne but is still returning to the show. Therefore, I’d expect an announcement imminently that Melanie is returning.
I do hope so, she's a great character and I love her and Toadie together, she's far better than Sonya.
---
I’d really like Mel back. I wasn’t sure about her and toadie at first but now I love them as a couple and she’s such a great character. I’m getting super excited as we are going to the birmingham date of the tour. 16 days and counting!
You'll have to let us know what the show was like. I didn't manage to get tickets they sold out quite quickly.

I am old enough to remember when Melanie got diagnosed with osteoporosis and then it was never mentioned ever again and it didn't ever affect her 😃

Wasn't it mentioned in the recent storyline when she broke her arm. Or have I got that confused with someone else?
I thought that was when she was diagnosed wasn’t it? So I guess they might develop that a bit although soaps do have a history with miraculous recoveries!

Reactions: 4
I thought that was when she was diagnosed wasn’t it? So I guess they might develop that a bit although soaps do have a history with miraculous recoveries!
When Stuart (Stu?) went blind and Toadie was wheelchair bound. Or Harold and Susan’s amnesia. Paul with a brain tumour

• Haha
When Stuart (Stu?) went blind and Toadie was wheelchair bound. Or Harold and Susan’s amnesia. Paul with a brain tumour
Lucy also went blind briefly and had a brain tumour. The blind bit when she was played by Kylie Flinker and the brain tumour when she was played by Sascha Close.. I see a pattern! Didn't Susan also have a sight problem (although caused by her ME)? Think I saw it in the episodes on offer from Amazon I will say in Emmerdale they had a character that became wheel chair bound (,Chris Tate) and the actor stayed in it yrs but he never walked again.. I think I read somewhere though that they were quite clear with the actor that that was going to be the case though. They didn't give him false hope..
---
And when Kyle went blind from looking at the eclipse
Didn't know about that the blind theme seems to run throughout. I know though if the shows on decades certain themes are going to come through if you think of it .

Lucy also went blind briefly and had a brain tumour. The blind bit when she was played by Kylie Flinker and the brain tumour when she was played by Sascha Close.. I see a pattern! Didn't Susan also have a sight problem (although caused by her ME)? Think I saw it in the episodes on offer from Amazon I will say in Emmerdale they had a character that became wheel chair bound (,Chris Tate) and the actor stayed in it yrs but he never walked again.. I think I read somewhere though that they were quite clear with the actor that that was going to be the case though. They didn't give him false hope..
---

Didn't know about that the blind theme seems to run throughout. I know though if the shows on decades certain themes are going to come through if you think of it .
Yeah Susan is living brilliantly with ME rushing around in a high profile job in a sunny country, when two symptoms of ME is tiredness and struggling with sunlight.

Reactions: 3
Guys I went to see the tour last night in Belfast. It was a really enjoyable night. I did wonder how it would be dragged out for a couple of hours but it really flew in. Everyone was in really good form and it was lovely to relive some highlights and hear more about the cast.
One thing they made no secret of was how devastated they all were that Sonya was killed off.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Guys I went to see the tour last night in Belfast. It was a really enjoyable night. I did wonder how it would be dragged out for a couple of hours but it really flew in. Everyone was in really good form and it was lovely to relive some highlights and hear more about the cast.
One thing they made no secret of was how devastated they all were that Sonya was killed off.
I think I was in a small minority that was overjoyed when they killed Sonya off.
Did they share any updates on the new series?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.