Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/02/tim-kano-hints-at-neighbours-return.html. Just came across this.. I will keep posting bits I come across if they are true or not in the end ..
---
I hope Terese and Mel come back more than anyone, because I don't want to split the two couples up, even though Terese can do better than Paul.
I hope Jane comes back, maybe they could either kill Mike off or jane mentions him and we never see him. I suppose they could re-cast him, but that wouldn't work.
I'd love Roxy and Kyle back.
I would like from the recentish cast, Xanthe, Tyler and Piper to come back, I don't think any of them did anything for the final. I'd have liked to see Ben and Xanthe and Libby, but the actor who plays Ben won't come back, he's doing well in America.
Ha talking of Jane mentioning Mike but not seeing him wasn't that the case with Mrs Mangel's first husband Len? I don't think we ever did see him then didn't he run off with someone else? I think I remembered correctly but was only a child when she arrived...Some of the British sitcoms also had someone who was talked about but never seen either because they had died or just were never on camera...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/02/tim-kano-hints-at-neighbours-return.html. Just came across this.. I will keep posting bits I come across if they are true or not in the end ..
---

Ha talking of Jane mentioning Mike but not seeing him wasn't that the case with Mrs Mangel's first husband Len? I don't think we ever did see him then didn't he run off with someone else? I think I remembered correctly but was only a child when she arrived...Some of the British sitcoms also had someone who was talked about but never seen either because they had died or just were never on camera...
I read that you never saw him, I thought she was a widow.

I read that you never saw him, I thought she was a widow.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nell_Mangel. Just did a bit of a search.. he did run off with another woman. I had forgotten though that they thought she had murdered him at one point, how I had forgotten that bit of the tale I don't know! 🤷‍♂️ My Neighbours knowledge is all over the place though with the 25 yr gab that I will never make up.. I am going to watch some of the old episodes on Amazon though to try to bridge the gap though.

Reactions: 1
Just watched the first 3 episodes on the app. All from 1985. Absolutely loved it. I was only 5 when it started and didn’t watch until it moved to tea time slot. There are characters I don’t remember and the old Scott. Alan Dale was 38 when it started! My husband is 44 and still looks 10 years younger than Alan. People looked so old in the 80s 🤣

Reactions: 5
Just watched the first 3 episodes on the app. All from 1985. Absolutely loved it. I was only 5 when it started and didn’t watch until it moved to tea time slot. There are characters I don’t remember and the old Scott. Alan Dale was 38 when it started! My husband is 44 and still looks 10 years younger than Alan. People looked so old in the 80s 🤣
Yes he certainly looked older.. The old Scott died a few yrs ago only in his early 50s, think he was in Home and Away too. I have had a quick look there's a nice selection but I thought they were going to pick a date and do a few more in sequence.. I didn't know they had been loaded on actually I had it in my head it was the last day of Feb they were up. Thank you for the tip off .

I’m still enjoying Neighbours 2012. Except for the “final” episode I haven’t watched Neighbours since the early 2000s before this.

More cast announced :D I think we all expected Annie & Bek. Surprised about Georgie as wasn't she planning on leaving?
And happy we'll get a appearance from Harold

• Heart
Reactions: 3
OH MY GOD!

Harold’s back again 🥹❤! It would’ve been totally understandable if Ian Smith didn’t want to reprise the role considering he’s in his 80s but he’s come back being the true class act that he is. He’s a credit to the show!

So pleased that Jane and Terese are back. I’m guessing this means Guy Pearce won’t be returning for a couple of episodes otherwise surely they would’ve grabbed the opportunity to promote his return to the show. Slightly disappointing as if Jane is returning as a regular character, and she’s still living in No. 24 how are they going to justify Mike’s absence? They can’t split them up because that would be against the wishes of most fans and would set a really bad precedent for the new era. I have to say I’m surprised Georgie Stone decided to reprise the role of Mackenzie considering she was planning on leaving the show in 2022. I’m also surprised Chloe is only coming back in a guest capacity. Does that mean she’ll only be back in the show for a limited time or she’ll make sporadic guest appearances every so often like Melanie did when she first returned?

Speaking of the devil, where is Melanie? Surely Lucinda would’ve agreed to come back and surely they would’ve asked her.

I presume there are still quite a few cast members yet to be confirmed, especially considering we’ll need a few new additions as well to mark the beginning of a new era for the show. Here’s hoping that Melanie and Nicolette are the next returnees to be announced🤞!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm happy with the announcement, I do hope Mel comes back for Toadie.
---
OH MY GOD!

Harold’s back again 🥹❤! It would’ve been totally understandable if Ian Smith didn’t want to reprise the role considering he’s in his 80s but he’s come back being the true class act that he is. He’s a credit to the show!

So pleased that Jane and Terese are back. I’m guessing this means Guy Pearce won’t be returning for a couple of episodes otherwise surely they would’ve grabbed the opportunity to promote his return to the show. Slightly disappointing as if Jane is returning as a regular character, and she’s still living in No. 24 how are they going to justify Mike’s absence. They can’t split them up because that would set a really bad precedent for the new era. I have to say I’m surprised Georgie Stone decided to reprise the role of Mackenzie considering she was planning on leaving the show in 2022. I’m also surprised Chloe is only coming back in a guest capacity. Does that mean she’ll only be back in the show for a limited time or she’ll make sporadic guest appearances every so often like Melanie did when she first returned?

Speaking of the devil, where is Melanie? Surely Lucinda would’ve agreed to come back and surely they would’ve asked her.

I presume there are still quite a few cast members yet to be confirmed, especially considering we’ll need a few new additions as well to mark the beginning of a new era for the show. Here’s hoping that Melanie and Nicolette are the next returnees to be announced🤞!
From what I've gathered from things that April has said on instagram she doesn't want to move back to Melbourne and she said she didn't want to be full time again as she had not much of a lift outside of the show. I'm hoping she doesn't come back with Elly.

I'm happy with the announcement, I do hope Mel comes back for Toadie.
---

From what I've gathered from things that April has said on instagram she doesn't want to move back to Melbourne and she said she didn't want to be full time again as she had not much of a lift outside of the show. I'm hoping she doesn't come back with Elly.
Yes, I’ve just seen April’s replied to a fan, on the latest post made by the official Neighbours account in Instagram and has said maybe Chloe could move back to the street at a later date, meaning she hasn’t ruled out a permanent comeback. Maybe, by returning in a guest capacity she’s trying to suss out whether the filming schedule of the reboot differs from how intensive it was prior to the show being axed. If it’s more relaxed then maybe she’ll plan on making a permanent return.

Speaking of the show’s filming schedule, the fact April was unwilling to return permanently, could suggest that she knows how often she’ll be required on set, meaning we could be getting a similar number of episodes, prior to the show’s cancellation.

This also means that Mike and Jane probably still own No. 24 which means there’s a
chance we could see him back as well.

Yes, I’ve just seen April’s replied to a fan, on the latest post made by the official Neighbours account in Instagram and has said maybe Chloe could move back to the street at a later date, meaning she hasn’t ruled out a permanent comeback. Maybe, by returning in a guest capacity she’s trying to suss out whether the filming schedule of the reboot differs from how intensive it was prior to the show being axed. If it’s more relaxed then maybe she’ll plan on making a permanent return.

Speaking of the show’s filming schedule, the fact April was unwilling to return permanently, could suggest that she knows how often she’ll be required on set, meaning we could be getting a similar number of episodes, prior to the show’s cancellation.

This also means that Mike and Jane probably still own No. 24 which means there’s a
chance we could see him back as well.
I'd love it if he came back for at least one episode or we see them on the phone together. I am wondering if the final will all be a dream

I just watched the episode where Susan goes blind and has a panic attack in the MRI, still makes me cry 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.