Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone once commented that the names of the main cast of Gossip Girl sound like law firms, and it still makes me chuckle:

Leighton Meester
Penn Badgeley
Blake Lively

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to school with a girl who called her children Ryza (as in Riserā€¦boy) and KoKo Blissā€¦.I little innocent girl who must begin school sounding like an American stripper šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Had an email conversation with a Sharlet today.
Also, husbands tricking their wives into thinking Lanesra is a good name.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve never known a C/Sienna whose middle name wasnā€™t Rose. Such a boring choice. ā€œOh but itā€™s my grandmaā€™s name!ā€ Sure it is, Janā€¦
Rose, Grace and May. Rose, Grace and May. Rose Grace and May.

Theyā€™re the Anne, Jane and Louise of the last 20 years. Goes with anything but soooo boring.

Reactions: 9
Rose, Grace and May. Rose, Grace and May. Rose Grace and May.

Theyā€™re the Anne, Jane and Louise of the last 20 years. Goes with anything but soooo boring.
you're right - Rose, Grace and May/Mae have totally replaced Anne, Jane, Louise and Marie, which were the standard middle names whne I was a kid. so boring and unimaginative - you just know that their parents have thought "tit, we need a middle name!" and put absolutely no thought into it whatsoever. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
Canā€™t imagine a kenzo with a serious job when heā€™s older. Kenzo the mortgage adviser or kenzo the doctor. lol
Iā€™m sure there are loads in Japan. Itā€™s a legit Japanese name thatā€™s been appropriated by utter charvers.

Reactions: 1
Isla.

It looks horribly slimy written down, and said out loud itā€™s like an old woman moaning in the night looking for her dentures.
i hate the name isla but could never quite articulate why - youā€™ve just made it clear to me šŸ¤£ iā€™ve never understood why itā€™s one of the girlsā€™ names of the moment, itā€™s so awkward sounding to me.

also, the name ā€œevieā€ is so inoffensive, so nothing-y, so barely a word, yet it is somehow one of my most hated girlā€™s names of all time, i canā€™t bear it šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.