Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

roarke

VIP Member
I've worked in dog rescue centres and never heard of this. Usually they're just given a name from staff suggestions or the dogs physical attributes/ personality.
That's such a nice idea to use the name them of those who found them 💕
Fast forward 20 years…”the dog didn’t have a name so we named her after the girl who brought him in. This is NEVAEH….,it’s hEaVEn SPellEd BacKWarDs” o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 31

TrollLolLol

Chatty Member
Hello ao the last time this thread came up you mentioned my son's name
Onicoren , it's pronounced "onic" "Oren" and was crafted using things that hold meaning to both me and his mum a willow tree is my favorite tree and onic comes from the proper Latin name for a willow "salix babylonica" and Oren cosen by his mum also trees tied to it's meaning and means light in Hebrew it's intentionally unique as I always thought a unique name was a pretty cool thing makes finding people talking about my son real easy too but that just a bonus lol and it's his little brother his mum's other son that has a regular name not his older brother
Don't worry I've not taken offence you don't have to like it just thought I'd share the background
Noones name holds any meaning anymore and very little effort other then "ooo that sounds nice" gos into naming a child nowadays I wanted to give my son something special something more then just a nice sound everyone I've spoken too has liked the name but it's rare people are honest with parents so I doubt that is completely true but yh just thought I'd fill you in on the background of his name Abit it grows on you everyone found it Abit funny to get there heads around at first but it doesn't sound like a bad name once you've said it a few times
Still sounds like a variant of Covid to me 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31

gossipgirl59

VIP Member
Hello ao the last time this thread came up you mentioned my son's name
Onicoren , it's pronounced "onic" "Oren" and was crafted using things that hold meaning to both me and his mum a willow tree is my favorite tree and onic comes from the proper Latin name for a willow "salix babylonica" and Oren cosen by his mum also trees tied to it's meaning and means light in Hebrew it's intentionally unique as I always thought a unique name was a pretty cool thing makes finding people talking about my son real easy too but that just a bonus lol and it's his little brother his mum's other son that has a regular name not his older brother
Don't worry I've not taken offence you don't have to like it just thought I'd share the background
Noones name holds any meaning anymore and very little effort other then "ooo that sounds nice" gos into naming a child nowadays I wanted to give my son something special something more then just a nice sound everyone I've spoken too has liked the name but it's rare people are honest with parents so I doubt that is completely true but yh just thought I'd fill you in on the background of his name Abit it grows on you everyone found it Abit funny to get there heads around at first but it doesn't sound like a bad name once you've said it a few times
Sorry but after reading all that, I still think Onicoren is a terrible name

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Louisej3

VIP Member
Emily, Katie and Bethany all bitches bethany sounds horrid to say all I hear is bethfanny

• Haha
Reactions: 21

sheleg

VIP Member
Sorry but after reading all that, I still think Onicoren is a terrible name
It’s dreadful. Sounds like a sequel to the Matrix or something.

And saying the “onic” part comes from “babylonica” is daft. It’s like, “I named my son Don because I love London”.

Naming a child shouldn’t be an exercise in honouring some random interest.

Reactions: 21

Dipdab

VIP Member
There’s a baby in my baby group called Colin. Just doesn’t seem like a name for a baby 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Mejustme

VIP Member
My mum worked at the office for registering births many moons ago and came home to tell us someone with the surname Barsted had called their son Robin 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19