Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Duncan and Declan are ugly as hell.

Also not a fan of Ronan, Conan, Callum, Colm. Blergh.
i totally read that as Bleurgh being one of the ugly names you were listing, like "...Callum, Colm, Bleurgh" - which, actually, would have fit into your list quite aptly! 🤣🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't explain it properly but names that look incomplete, like there's a bit missing or like you've just picked some random letters and shuffled them about.
Ezra, Elsa, Otto, Noa, Ria, Tia, Thea, Gaia, Gigi, Ava, Eva, Ella, Iona, Effie, Alba, Axl.

Reactions: 2
I can't explain it properly but names that look incomplete, like there's a bit missing or like you've just picked some random letters and shuffled them about.
Ezra, Elsa, Otto, Noa, Ria, Tia, Thea, Gaia, Gigi, Ava, Eva, Ella, Iona, Effie, Alba, Axl.
I don't mind Gigi as a nickname, but for an actual first name I'm not keen lol

I don't mind Gigi as a nickname, but for an actual first name I'm not keen lol
Most of these are popular nicknames which have become first names, when they could have just stayed nicknames. Although Ezra is though to be originally an abbreviation of Azaryahu so that one may be for the better. Elsa is from Elizabeth, Ava is from Aveline/Adeline, Eva is from Evelyn, Effie is from Euphemia, Ria/Tia/Giga/Ella are nicknames for a lot of names.

The main problem with giving nicknames as first names is there is less leeway if the kid doesn't like the name e.g. if you have a Charlotte they can choose to go by Charlie/Charly or Lottie or Coco but if you give them one of the nicknames to begin with then there is no flexibility. People are very concerned with the names they give their kids but sometimes they forget to give the kid a name that they can actually live with.

I don't mind Thea and Gaia as names as they are both are both Greek Goddesses and Axl is Scandanavian but sounds a bit out of place outside of Scandanavian countries.

Reactions: 2
Rosamund Pike has a son called Atom.

He is going to spend the rest of his life correcting people who think his name is Adam.

And she has another son called Solo.

Well, looks like he has the perfect excuse when he develops commitment phobia.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Omg just seen someone say on FB they have two boys one called Beau one called Bleu. I thought it was a joke page at first but it was a serious post on a Mum page 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Victoria
Andrew
Adam
Mara
Dash
Darla
Marvelous
Martalya
Amelia
Delilah
Donovan
Modi Alevander

Erm…
These are quite specific!

Isla.

It looks horribly slimy written down, and said out loud it’s like an old woman moaning in the night looking for her dentures.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Just come across Hannahniah 🤦‍♀️

And a Hezekiah, Cozette and the dogs name... Calvin 🤣 bloody love tiktok 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.