Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i hate the name isla but could never quite articulate why - you’ve just made it clear to me 🤣 i’ve never understood why it’s one of the girls’ names of the moment, it’s so awkward sounding to me.

also, the name “evie” is so inoffensive, so nothing-y, so barely a word, yet it is somehow one of my most hated girl’s names of all time, i can’t bear it 🤣
I'm glad someone else gets this. It just sounds like a yelp to me 😂

Reactions: 2
The old lady next door is scouse and her granddaughter is named Evie. Hearing her shout it during school holidays goes through me .

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I work in schools and there are about 10 different variations of Evie, Evee, Evie-May, Evie-Mae, Evie-Lou…and then Ava, Ava-Mae, Ava-May. It’s so tedious when the child tells you “Mine is actually EvAY-May… 🙄
Dolton was another unusual one…and Cheney… Raegan, Tegan…hundreds of Navaeh.

Taking the register is always an interesting task when you run your eye down the page and see 15 names that you know for a fact you’ll mispronounce because of random vowels dumped next to each other in a ‘unique’ fashion. 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I came across a mum with a Cash, Carter and Cooper the other day! A cooper makes barrels, and a carter makes/repairs carts, so why not a cashier too, so maybe Cash is short for cashier, so they all have trade/job-related names? Also, children with the same initial must get so confusing!

Reactions: 6
I came across a mum with a Cash, Carter and Cooper the other day! A cooper makes barrels, and a carter makes/repairs carts, so why not a cashier too, so maybe Cash is short for cashier, so they all have trade/job-related names? Also, children with the same initial must get so confusing!
I have a friend whose first and middle name I initials are NJ - exactly the same initials as both her older and younger sister! it must have been so confusing when they all lived together receiving post address to Miss NJ Surname - there would be no way to know who the letter was for! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 4
i think i mentioned on this thread before but i hate those types of preppy american boys’ names on british kids (assuming you’re british of course!) - they just don’t work here at all.

Reactions: 3
i think i mentioned on this thread before but i hate those types of preppy american boys’ names on british kids (assuming you’re british of course!) - they just don’t work here at all.
I think it was an American family as it was from a YouTube present idea video!

I have a friend whose first and middle name I initials are NJ - exactly the same initials as both her older and younger sister! it must have been so confusing when they all lived together receiving post address to Miss NJ Surname - there would be no way to know who the letter was for! 🤷🏻‍♂️
One of my sister’s friends is 1 of 4 ( 3 girls and one boy) and they all have names that start with K, so 3 potential recipients for each letter, though official correspondence in France usually has your first name in full.
My mum and my aunt are identical twins and have the same initial, so, again, lots of confusion about who post was for! They were adopted, and their birth names were different ( Elizabeth and Margaret), but adopted mum was already Elizabeth ( Betty), so that would have been confusing too!

Padgett

What a terrible name.
I’ve seen Paget, as there is an actress ( Brewster, played Emily Prentiss on Criminal Minds) with that name. Whichever spelling you choose, it is indeed terrible, though!

Reactions: 1
a few more I've recently heard at toddler tgroups brothers zephyr and Zenno, and another child named Gus. I've also heard of an Astrid and Aurelia.

There’s a minor influencer from Essex with sons named Chase and Brodie. So jarring!

• Sick
There’s an Instagram mum with:
Solaris Lazuli Moon
Venus Aeon Bloom
And
Atlas Neo Zen

And another with
Citizen Sage
Atlas
Everest Orient (Goes by Sochi)
Zephyr Ocean

• Haha
  • Wow
I don’t hate Everest but all those names want my head to explode

Reactions: 5
I don’t abhor Atlas or Everest, but as someone without a middle name ( and no-one in my immediate family except grandparents has one), I always think they seem so long!

Reactions: 2
Names that should be shortened versions but they're called that...think Dougie, Reggie, Lennie etc...I just don't like it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.