Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Read a research paper the other day by a “Dr Rainbow *surname*”

Prime example of thinking a name is a cute baby name vs expecting someone to take said baby seriously when they’re a doctor in 40 years

Reactions: 6
Ann
Lynn

They’re just syllables. How boring would you have to be to name a lovely baby girl “Ann”? At least give her an “e” on the end, FFS.

Reactions: 2
Read a research paper the other day by a “Dr Rainbow *surname*”

Prime example of thinking a name is a cute baby name vs expecting someone to take said baby seriously when they’re a doctor in 40 years
this reminded me of Dr Pixie McKenna, who is obvs pretty well-known and very successful, but Pixie always struck me as a jarring name for a doctor, altho certainly very memorable - yet upon googling her, it seems Pixie is a childhood nickname, which she uses as her professional name - and her real name is Bernadette! 🤯

it's interesting though, because it just goes to show that having a more unusual, bohemian-stye name doesn't actually impact your career options as it may have done in the past, or as people assume it will. Dr Rainbow and Dr Pixie both sound incredibly unicorn-esque, like they could easily be My Little Pony characters - but they obviously are taken seriously in their careers! 🤷🏻‍♂️🦄🌈

Reactions: 5
this reminded me of Dr Pixie McKenna, who is obvs pretty well-known and very successful, but Pixie always struck me as a jarring name for a doctor, altho certainly very memorable - yet upon googling her, it seems Pixie is a childhood nickname, which she uses as her professional name - and her real name is Bernadette! 🤯

it's interesting though, because it just goes to show that having a more unusual, bohemian-stye name doesn't actually impact your career options as it may have done in the past, or as people assume it will. Dr Rainbow and Dr Pixie both sound incredibly unicorn-esque, like they could easily be My Little Pony characters - but they obviously are taken seriously in their careers! 🤷🏻‍♂️🦄🌈
God I detest Bernadette. Bernie what a horrible name for a woman.

Reactions: 10
Ann
Lynn

They’re just syllables. How boring would you have to be to name a lovely baby girl “Ann”? At least give her an “e” on the end, FFS.
At the beginning of Anne of Green Gables the title character says that she insists on spelling the name with an E as she thinks "Ann" looks ugly, I very much agree with her lol

Reactions: 10
Annabella - cute as a child, not as a 50 year old
Avery - always said as avereeeee
Arlo
Marcus
Kodi
Any words like Success, Trust, True, etc
Baby
Winifred or Winnie
Everleigh/Everly etc
Zealand
Brooklynne
Anything with excessive Y
All double barrelled names especially ending in mae or leigh

Ann
Lynn

I knew someone called Lynn-ann (although not sure of spelling)

It's like they picked two middle names and hyphenated them together for a first name.

Duncan and Declan are ugly as hell.

Also not a fan of Ronan, Conan, Callum, Colm. Blergh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.