Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi everyone, what do you think about the name Madeline? I think it’s a beautiful name but would you immediately associate it Madeline Mcann? It was 20 years ago though right?

Reactions: 6
hi everyone, what do you think about the name Madeline? I think it’s a beautiful name but would you immediately associate it Madeline Mcann? It was 20 years ago though right?
I work with a Madeline but I never think of maddie mcann when talking to or about her.

But she is in her 40s I think a baby/toddler may be different?

Also reminds me of the TV show/film/book with the little French school girl

Reactions: 7
It’s a lovely name (personally not keen on Maddy though). If you think hard enough you can come up with something to put you off most names so I wouldn’t worry. If you like it go for it .

Reactions: 5
I wanted to call my daughter Madeline, but my partner said no due to reminding him of Madeleine McCann.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s a beautiful name, I would just do it.

Our last name starts with an M so it sounds really similar. I think it’s a beautiful name though. Sigh

i know someone called Madeleine, and people definitely made the connection with Madeleine Mcann when we were at school, because it was more around the time it all happened - although Maddy Mcann was younger than her, people associated her with the name. but nowadays, I don't think it's much if an issue. plus Madeline is a slightly different name - different spelling, different pronunciation. 💕

Reactions: 2
I really hate the name Abigail, I had a friend called Abi and i would always involuntarily call her Scabby/scabs in my head, not because she was actually scabby or anything 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I really hate the name Abigail, I had a friend called Abi and i would always involuntarily call her Scabby/scabs in my head, not because she was actually scabby or anything 😂
When my son started school there was a girl in his class called abigail. He couldn't quite remember her name and called her emmerdale 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
One of my coworkers is a foreign lad and his name is his native version of Timothy. His name is Timotei. All I can think of is the bloody shampoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Abigail is one of the ugliest names out there.

My husband likes it because it means “father’s joy”. In his language (Hebrew) it’s Avigayil, which is marginally better, but still kind of rough.

laundry day
i assume the poor kid was born on whatever day of the week the family usually do their washing, which is obvs such a significant event on the calendar that they....chose to name their daughter to memoralise such an important day! 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

i have a cousin called Abigail, always known as Abi - and it's also always reminded me of scabs. not the nicest of associations! 🤢🤣
oh, and same with the name Gabriella too. Gabs, Gabby, scabs, scabby... 🤢

• Haha
Saw some interesting choices for young kids on a board today - Meadow, Magenta, Kade, Armani, Chrissy, Krystal, Jodiye, Victory and Easton standing out as the worst 🤣 I just don’t know why these parents seem to hate their kids so much that they have to give them awful names or stupid spellings 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.