Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw some interesting choices for young kids on a board today - Meadow, Magenta, Kade, Armani, Chrissy, Krystal, Jodiye, Victory and Easton standing out as the worst 🤣 I just don’t know why these parents seem to hate their kids so much that they have to give them awful names or stupid spellings 🤣
Jodiye?! wow. weirdly KrEaTiv misspellings of names to make them somehow "unique" is an awful enough trend, without people hashing up a name so badly that Josie - presumably? - appears as though it should be pronounced Jo-DYE. and the poor kids are lumbered with these awful names for life. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Jodiye?! wow. weirdly KrEaTiv misspellings of names to make them somehow "unique" is an awful enough trend, without people hashing up a name so badly that Josie - presumably? - appears as though it should be pronounced Jo-DYE. and the poor kids are lumbered with these awful names for life. 🤦🏻‍♀️
It’s like they couldn’t decide what spelling to go with so they just whacked in all the letters 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I work with a Madeline but I never think of maddie mcann when talking to or about her.

But she is in her 40s I think a baby/toddler may be different?

Also reminds me of the TV show/film/book with the little French school girl
I think I may have mentioned the little Madeleine I know, who is primary school age. Her surname starts with McC and the C part also has 4 letters, which immediately made me think of the McCanns. I was so worried I would call the mum or dad Mr/Mrs McCann when they game to pick their daughter up from the house of the family I was nannying for! Thankfully the parents went out to speak to her parent and I just got the little girl and her stuff together.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just seen someone called Burke.
I've only ever heard it as a surname, but as a first name I think it's awful! Makes me think of another name I'm not fond of - Brooke. Sounds so abrupt!

Reactions: 4
Saw a post today with a girl called Dusty-Rose 😬😬😬
DUSTY?!!?!

DUSTY?!?!

god imagine carrying a baby for nine months, going through all that aggro, and then naming her dusty.

also that just summons up a mental image of a rose covered in dust. what a terrible name 🤣

Reactions: 5
DUSTY?!!?!

DUSTY?!?!

god imagine carrying a baby for nine months, going through all that aggro, and then naming her dusty.

also that just summons up a mental image of a rose covered in dust. what a terrible name 🤣
I know! Terrible name.

She has a sister... Flossie Rose!!!

Why are they both something Rose?!?!

I'm new to this thread but phoenix.

I also know of someone who has ned their boy, pheonix. I know this is spelt incorrectly, but it is on their birth certificate 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Abigail is one of the ugliest names out there.

My husband likes it because it means “father’s joy”. In his language (Hebrew) it’s Avigayil, which is marginally better, but still kind of rough.
I really hate the name Abigail, I had a friend called Abi and i would always involuntarily call her Scabby/scabs in my head, not because she was actually scabby or anything 😂
Ouch! 😳

Dusty is vile. As in… covered in dust? That’s what you want people to associate with your child? Are you quite mad?

Pretty sure an ex-Eastenders actress called her daughter Dusty as well.

Dusty is vile. As in… covered in dust? That’s what you want people to associate with your child? Are you quite mad?

Pretty sure an ex-Eastenders actress called her daughter Dusty as well.
Lacey Turner gave birth to a daughter called Dusty Violet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.