Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently came across someone whose name was something like (not the real name, obviously) "Susie Blancmange-Rose Smith." Yes her name really has a dessert in it, albeit it's a middle name. She's a friend of a friend on social media and her account has a pinned post saying she is tired of explaining that that is her real name. Well then why put the full name in your bio then? Just put Susie Smith and no one will be any the wiser
I really want to know what the dessert-based middle name actually is. Profiterole?Tiramisu?Trifle? Brownie?Cookie?Black Forest Gateau?

the poor kid was his sixth child, so the obvious and imaginative choice of name was....Sixtus! it means "sixth born". 🤦🏻‍♀️

he's gone wild with the boy's names, but then his daughter's name - although it could also be a collection of the names of his ancestors - seems super boring and out of place in comparison. even the boys with more standard Thomas, Alfred and Peter have a collection of illustrious middle names, but Mary Anne Charlotte is just kinda...blah. 🤷🏻‍♂️
His daughter’s initials spell out Mace, which I thought was amusing! Those poor boys, they will spend all eternity filling in forms for exams/anything official. Never even heard of Alphege as a name, but it is awful. At least ir’s not a first name!

All she’s ever going to hear is Remi the Rat
There’s another mum on YouTube who has called her daughters names that all end with an ee sound. First one is Sophie, which I like, and the last one is Lexi, which I don’t think is short for Alexia/Alexandra. The middle girl is called Remi, which is just totally a boy’s name to me, and I have heard it as a shortened version of Remington, which is even worse!
At the school I worked in, there was a girl called Levi ( rhymes with Chevy, not the jeans brand), which I also really dislike, however you pronounce it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I really want to know what the dessert-based middle name actually is. Profiterole?Tiramisu?Trifle? Brownie?Cookie?Black Forest Gateau?
Profiterole or Tiramisu!! 👌🏻🤣

Crumble? Spotted Dick? Fruitcake? Sticky Toffee Pudding? Lardy Cake? Treacle Tart? Pavlova? Syllabub? Tapioca? Bakewell? Frangipane? Jam Rolypoly? Eton Mess? Knickerbocker glory?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Profiterole or Tiramisu!! 👌🏻🤣

Crumble? Spotted Dick? Fruitcake? Sticky Toffee Pudding? Lardy Cake? Treacle Tart? Pavlova? Syllabub? Tapioca? Bakewell? Frangipane? Jam Rolypoly? Eton Mess? Knickerbocker glory?!
slow down, i’m adding all of these to my “hypothetical future baby names” list 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone online mentioned they have a little boy called Maverick, which I think is terrible. If the name meaning I have for it is correct, why would you call a child that?
I have also come across a female Taylor, except it is spelled Taylre or Tayrle, though hopefully that is just for her YouTube channel name.
Someone in my family called there child that
I honestly cringe so hard and get so embarrassed
It’s horrific

I'm at an age where everyone are having children. When I don't use sm often (for other reasons) but tonight I go on and discover "nero" as a name! Really?!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm at an age where everyone are having children. When I don't use sm often (for other reasons) but tonight I go on and discover "nero" as a name! Really?!
That is an awful name. If I recall correctly, he was one of the most tyrannical and bloodthirsty Roman Emperors.

Maybe they’ll call the next one Costa
I was thinking more along the lines of Caligula, Julius Caesar, Octavius…

Reactions: 5
i know two best friends who are godmothers of each others daughters - one named her daughter Dolly, and then the friend named hers Molly. not quite as awful as when people chose matching names for their twins, but it's similar as the girls are obviously going to spend a lot of time together growing up! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just remembered I used to work with a Fern Coriander (first, middle. Only ever to be called both) 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s an “insta-mum” who has identical twin girls named Myla and Nyah. So similar. I don’t get it. Their younger sister is Remi, which is a vile name.
I have a friend whose children (not twins) are Noah and Jonah.

yeah, I've been meaning to mention them for a while. I hate super matching names for twins, and rhyming names are the worst. just super cringe - but Myla and Nyah are especially awful. 🤦🏻‍♀️
How do they pronounce the names? I'm reading it as May-lah and Nee-yah, so not very matchy matchy.

Ive got a myla, sounds as it looks my-la
yeah, and then Nyah also sounds as it looks. so My-Lah and Ny-Ah - not Nee-Uh as suggested above, and definitely not May-Luh. essentially, the two names sound incredibly similar, especially for identical twins who deserve to develop their own individual identities. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.