Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just come across a boy named Memphis. I don't hate it but I've never known it to be a name, you know?!

Reactions: 2
I've just come across a boy named Memphis. I don't hate it but I've never known it to be a name, you know?!
My parents had a friend around 40 years ago whose mother (probably born around 1910-1920) was called Dallas. I remember thinking what an unusual name it was for an elderly lady.
Edit to add: I’ve just remembered another one! When I was about 14, in the 70’s, I went to a youth club that did some volunteering with the elderly. There was a very old lady called Trixie! Probably short for Beatrix but that was what she had always been known as apparently. Cute on a little girl but odd on a 90 year old!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
My parents had a friend around 40 years ago whose mother (probably born around 1910-1920) was called Dallas. I remember thinking what an unusual name it was for an elderly lady.
I think that’s pretty cool! I can imagine a glam old lady named Dallas.

Reactions: 6
I remember in the 90s there was a massive trend of girls being named Demi-Leigh, not to be confused with the well known spreadable cheese brand

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And with Demi - we all tend to pronounce it to rhyme with Lemmy but all the Demis correct you - 'it's Dem-eee'.

Still tit though.

Reactions: 3
I think that’s pretty cool! I can imagine a glam old lady named Dallas.
agreed - i think it’s a very glamorous name and i quite like it!

i (very secretly) like a lot of us place and states as names though. not brooklyn but there are some nice ones in there 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

I know of 2 boys called Hiro (pronounced Hero) but I don't hate the name tbh. It kind of grows on you

I also heard of a boy called Scout the other day, that one is a bit out there for me

i (very secretly) like a lot of us place and states as names though. not brooklyn but there are some nice ones in there 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
Me too. Georgia is one of my favourite names.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I really liked Dallas on her, especially as it was at a time when most of her contemporaries were called things like Mavis, Mary, Ethel, etc!

I know a girl called Chicago but she’s a cat so that’s probably ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And with Demi - we all tend to pronounce it to rhyme with Lemmy but all the Demis correct you - 'it's Dem-eee'.

Still tit though.
Here it´s pronounced Daymee which I find prettier.
On instagram there are a bunch of mummy influencers and most kids have such ugly names.
Oakley, Huxley, Kennely ..

Reactions: 3
Here it´s pronounced Daymee which I find prettier.
On instagram there are a bunch of mummy influencers and most kids have such ugly names.
Oakley, Huxley, Kennely ..
How do you get Daymee from Demi??

There’s a child on Emmerdale called Clemmie and it’s making me cringe internally

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.