Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might have been mentioned before (sorry, I've not read the whole thread just dipping in and out) but Fred from First Dates, his fiancée is named Fruitcake. I actually think its quite sweet but I can't imagine looking at a tiny baby and considering that as a name choice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know a girl who’s daughter is Wynter Rosé… rosé like the wine 😭😭😭
i saw someone had a little girl name Bleu, and then realised that Bleu was a shortened version of her full name - Bleubelle, like the flower but with Blue spelled Bleu! why?! that poor kid is going to spend forever correcting people when they understandably assume her name is spelled like the flower! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I used to know someone called Wild. Her maiden name was Rose and she married someone with the surname Bull!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This might have been mentioned before (sorry, I've not read the whole thread just dipping in and out) but Fred from First Dates, his fiancée is named Fruitcake. I actually think its quite sweet but I can't imagine looking at a tiny baby and considering that as a name choice.
It's his nickname for her. I don't think they've ever publicised her actual name.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
i saw someone had a little girl name Bleu, and then realised that Bleu was a shortened version of her full name - Bleubelle, like the flower but with Blue spelled Bleu! why?! that poor kid is going to spend forever correcting people when they understandably assume her name is spelled like the flower! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I really don’t get it with Bleu, I’ve seen it as a middle name…. Are they pronouncing it like the English blue, or the French bleu, which is more like bleugh?! 🤢

Reactions: 1
I really don’t get it with Bleu, I’ve seen it as a middle name…. Are they pronouncing it like the English blue, or the French bleu, which is more like bleugh?! 🤢
i don't know for sure, but i imagine they're pronouncing it like the colour blue, thinking "Bleu" is a super unique and KrEaTiV spelling of Blue, without realising that, in French, the pronunciation is different. for the sake of that little girl, I hope that's the case, because Bleugh-bell is an awful name! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Millie Radford's son has Bleu as a middle name, and given the way the Radford's pronounce Ophelia, i very much doubt they know that Bleu is technically pronounced more like "bleugh" than Blue - which, realistically is probably a good thing, because Bleugh is a pretty hideous name. 🤢🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Enid is a despicable name. So whiny yet abrupt. The “nid” sound is horrific.

As for surnames, the name Grealish makes me feel physically sick. Like a cauldron of boiling offal being stirred by a minging old warlock.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to uni and the three girls in my halls were called Edith, Pamela and Geraldine. I am 33 but still, these names seem so dated to me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I went to uni and the three girls in my halls were called Edith, Pamela and Geraldine. I am 33 but still, these names seem so dated to me.
Were they Singaporean or Hong Kong by any chance? I know some people from there with super old fashioned English names. Perpetua, Theophilus, Eunice.

Reactions: 3
Don't know if this has been said but (nevaeh) heaven spelled backwards. If you have to explain a name then it is stupid. 🙄
I had a Nevaeh in my nursery and the other practitioner I worked with had no idea it was heaven spelled backwards until I mentioned it!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
You haven’t lived until you’ve heard your own name screeched across a park/beach/supermarket by a rough family. Gives you a certain grounding.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.