Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen an announcement for a wee boy called 'Kailo', which I have to assume is supposed to be a unique spelling of 'Kylo' (which would also be a yikes). Unless they're just big Frida Kahlo fans 😂

You haven’t lived until you’ve heard your own name screeched across a park/beach/supermarket by a rough family. Gives you a certain grounding.
The family on the street behind have a kid with the same name as me and I hear them constantly shouting it 🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 2
did she pronounce it Blue, like the colour?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
As I recall she said it was "Blerghh".
The poor little sod will be 40 years old now and calling himself Dave

did she pronounce it Blue, like the colour?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Pronounced Bleurghh
The poor little sod would be nearly 40 now and calling himself Dave

Pronounced Bleurghh
Urghh I got a stutter post :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Pronounced Bleurghh

Urghh I got a stutter post :)
the fact that anyone would chose to call their kid a name which sounds like "bleurghh" is awful, regardless of whether they spell it Bleu/Blieu/Bleugh!

"bleurghh" is the noise i would used to describe the name Blieu!

makes me hope that little girl whose name is Bleubelle is just a hideous spelling of the name, but is still pronounced like the flower, and that the poor kid hasn't been lumbered with the name bleurghh-bell! 🤢🤣

Just seen an American on tiktok with two sons, Briggs Durham & Cove Jensen.

Wonder if she knows what Durham is like

• Haha
anyone else had the pleasure of recently stumbling upon the names of Jacob Rees-Moggs' children, and just.....! 🤯🤢

20220711_160230.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Just seen an announcement for a wee boy called 'Kailo', which I have to assume is supposed to be a unique spelling of 'Kylo' (which would also be a yikes). Unless they're just big Frida Kahlo fans 😂
Think Kailo is a brand of rice cakes!

• Haha
I work in a job where I regularly get to see the names of children from - how can I put this politely...families with low socio-economic standing.

Last week I had a "Boyce" and today's little gem is "Lewton". Wonder if he's got a sibling called "Staines" or "Milton Keynes".

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I recently came across someone whose name was something like (not the real name, obviously) "Susie Blancmange-Rose Smith." Yes her name really has a dessert in it, albeit it's a middle name. She's a friend of a friend on social media and her account has a pinned post saying she is tired of explaining that that is her real name. Well then why put the full name in your bio then? Just put Susie Smith and no one will be any the wiser

• Haha
Reactions: 3
SIXTUS, wtf name is that?
the poor kid was his sixth child, so the obvious and imaginative choice of name was....Sixtus! it means "sixth born". 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think he's trying to show how clever he is by using illustrious ancestor's names. I have a few crackers I wish I'd used- not sure the kids would have agreed lol 😆
he's gone wild with the boy's names, but then his daughter's name - although it could also be a collection of the names of his ancestors - seems super boring and out of place in comparison. even the boys with more standard Thomas, Alfred and Peter have a collection of illustrious middle names, but Mary Anne Charlotte is just kinda...blah. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
the poor kid was his sixth child, so the obvious and imaginative choice of name was....Sixtus! it means "sixth born". 🤦🏻‍♀️

he's gone wild with the boy's names, but then his daughter's name - although it could also be a collection of the names of his ancestors - seems super boring and out of place in comparison. even the boys with more standard Thomas, Alfred and Peter have a collection of illustrious middle names, but Mary Anne Charlotte is just kinda...blah. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think his daughter is named after his sisters. And apparently one of his sons (not sure which) has the name of his favourite pope 🙄

Honestly I hate my sons name (couldn't see him as anything else now). I was a young mum and dad named him. Heaven forbid anyone that shortened his name. ** death glare **

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.