Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am yet to hear any W name that I do not despise. Wendy/Winifred/Wynona and then all the modern shite Willow/Wrigley. Awful
tbh, i don't mind Willow and wouldn't describe it as a particularly "modern" name - I was born in the late eighties, and was apparently almost named Willow, until my parents had the foresight to decided against it in case I was a short, chubby kid and the name wouldn't suit me! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

that said, girl's names beginning with W are predominantly awful - Wilhelmina, Winifred, Wilma, Wanda, Wendy, Whitney, Whitley, Winslow, Winona, Waverly, Wendolyn, Wrenly, Waylynn, Wynette, Wynne/Wynn/Wyn - and don't even get me started on Winnie. 🤢

Reactions: 2
i read an article recently about a woman who named her daughter Cairo Persephone and apparently adores the name, but her daughter is now in her teens and absolutely hates her name. apparently she feels bad for giving her daughter a name she hates and has apogised to her for making ehr life harder than it needed to be, but ultimately she wouldn't change it - she says it was because she was a young mum she chose an "oddball" name and also she and didn't forsee Cairo would be constantly mispronounced, which apparently became an issue - which is somewhat bizarre, because although i don't like it as a name, Cairo is a well-known city in Egypt!

and she only named her Cairo because she thought Persephone would be mispronounced - she actually wanted Persephone as the first name! 🤣

i'm not sure she can blame her naming style on her age though, as she then went on to have another daughter named Aria Valyrie - who narrowly missed out on being named Valyrie - and a son who was far more rationally named Alexander Hale. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 6
Just seen someone I went to school with has a
Jerome Eugene
And
Renayah Leigh 🙃🙃🙃

And another…
beau - Dior

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I know someone with 3 kids and she's named them Harriet, Harrison and Harlow. She's dense and dresses them all the same. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've never felt annoyed over a name before until yesterday
A friends daughter had a baby boy and named him TYSOM . Seriously she needs to fix that M to an N . Bloody ridiculous

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I've never felt annoyed over a name before until yesterday
A friends daughter had a baby boy and named him TYSOM . Seriously she needs to fix that M to an N . Bloody ridiculous
changing it to an N still doesn’t help much imo 😳

that’s such an awkward name to say too 🤣 ty-SOM?! awful.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.