Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else's kid's names been mentioned on these threads?😁 I've been having anxiety over his name anyway (he's 6 months) and finding it (on thread #6) didn't help! Luckily only mentioned once by one person so it can't be too bad😆
Having said that I really hope I haven't said anyone else's kids names who read here😬

Reactions: 4
I think his daughter is named after his sisters. And apparently one of his sons (not sure which) has the name of his favourite pope 🙄
his son's fourth middle name Pius is named after a pope, as is Sixtus - in addition to the "sixth child" reference. his other son's names include references to ancient philosophers, previous prime ministers, Anglo-Saxon kings, saints with the names of a few random ancestors thrown into the mix. Boniface, ffs?! they all just sound incredibly pretentious! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 5
his son's fourth middle name Pius is named after a pope, as is Sixtus - in addition to the "sixth child" reference. his other son's names include references to ancient philosophers, previous prime ministers, Anglo-Saxon kings, saints with the names of a few random ancestors thrown into the mix. Boniface, ffs?! they all just sound incredibly pretentious! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Pretentious should be Moggy’s middle name. I once saw him described as a ‘haunted Victorian pencil’ which I thought was tremendously apt!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone else's kid's names been mentioned on these threads?😁 I've been having anxiety over his name anyway (he's 6 months) and finding it (on thread #6) didn't help! Luckily only mentioned once by one person so it can't be too bad😆
Having said that I really hope I haven't said anyone else's kids names who read here😬
I've seen my child's name a couple of times! Doesn't bother me that much, it's not very popular, I'd never heard it before I had them. I've heard it a few times since but the only reason they had that name was because me and him looked at each other and said it at the same time! I see the nickname on here a lot though!

Reactions: 1
I share the same first name and surname as an instagrammer who has a thread on here. I'd never heard of her until I joined tattle so got a shock seeing a thread in my name 😆

• Haha
I know a Rilley 🙄 his sister is called Raecheal!
I saw a Rhyley the other day 🙄 And a Zaac. And an Elsee.
I feel like I need a job in registering births - I would be like “Nope. I’m putting Riley or Zach or Elsie because that’s how you spell it” 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel like I need a job in registering births - I would be like “Nope. I’m putting Riley or Zach or Elsie because that’s how you spell it” 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
we all should have that job, can you imagine 🤣🤣

“i noticed that you wanted to name your baby desttinii-bleubell. i’ve torn up the birth certificate instead. come back when you’ve thought about it more”.

three strikes and we get to pick the name.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
we all should have that job, can you imagine 🤣🤣

“i noticed that you wanted to name your baby desttinii-bleubell. i’ve torn up the birth certificate instead. come back when you’ve thought about it more”.

three strikes and we get to pick the name.
There would definitely be no more “it’s heaven spelt backwards” in the world if we had the power 🤣

• Haha
A girl I went to school with called her little boy Bran. As in bran flakes.

I also know about a million people with sons called Teddy and Sonny and I hate it 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I also know about a million people with sons called Teddy and Sonny and I hate it 😬
Probably more like Bran from game of thrones lol

Honestly I hate my sons name (couldn't see him as anything else now). I was a young mum and dad named him. Heaven forbid anyone that shortened his name. ** death glare **
Why though? What difference does it make if people shortened his name?

I knew a couple who named their daughter Kristyna instead of Christina, so “nobody would shorten it to Chris or Tina.” That didn’t stop anyone shortening it.

I’m sorry but it just comes across as precious.

I knew a couple who named their daughter Kristyna instead of Christina, so “nobody would shorten it to Chris or Tina.” That didn’t stop anyone shortening it.

I know a Krystina and she just gets called Krys haha

ETA me and my sister both have 5 letter 2 syllable names

My sisters name is a shortened version of a "real name" think Vicky instead of Victoria. And mine is a "real name"

Our parents did this as they didn't want our names being shortened. She just gets called Vicks, Vix, V etc and I get shortened too!!

Its natural to give people nicknames. It's a sign of endearment I think.

Reactions: 5
My name is pronounced very differently depending where in the uk I am. I’ve moved from Sussex up to Yorkshire and I’m still getting used to my - essentially - new name.

Reactions: 1

as if that would prevent people from simply shortening it to Kris! and actually, spelled that way, I imagine people naturally shortened it to Kristy in a way they wouldn't have worth Christina. 🤦🏻‍♀️

i don't get the issue with shortening names - unless it's the person whose name it is that doesn't want their name shortened. it's a weird expectation for a parent to force upon their child that they can't be called by a nickname!

it was probably Bran, inspired by the Game of Thrones character. Brandon, who was known as Bran. admittedly not the best choice when it's also a cereal, but as Game of Throne inspired names go, it could have been a lot worse! Drogo, Hodor, Podrick and Tobho - to name a few! 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.