Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never felt annoyed over a name before until yesterday

A friends daughter had a baby boy and named him TYSOM . Seriously she needs to fix that M to an N . Bloody ridiculous
it might be because you've typed it all in capital letters, but TYSOM just reminds me of a slang abbreviation for "thank you so much" - like a slightly longer version of the well-known abbreviation TYSM! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The name Randy makes me think of a 1980s redneck from Tennessee.

Tennessee is also the name of Reese Witherspoon's son.

Reactions: 6
I met a toddler recently named Sienna-Betsy. The smugness in her mother’s voice when she said it!

• Sick
  • Haha
It makes me mad that triplet mum Nadia thorburn called her boys Carter and Carson and the daughter wynter (why is there a Y!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Was reading an article about living off grid in Australia. One couple have three daughters McKenna, McKinsie and McKorlie.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve come over to tattle from mumsnet (I know I know!) and they suggest the most vile names in the baby names section. Some of the worst I’ve seen are:

Ruth
Esther
Enid
Edith
Eunice
Maude
Benedict
Maximus
Jasper
Douglas
Byron
Ernest
Sidney
Stanley
Ronald

I think mumsnetters like to think they’re in an episode of downton abbey cos I can’t see any other explanation for those monstrosities in 2022.

Reactions: 5
I’ve come over to tattle from mumsnet (I know I know!) and they suggest the most vile names in the baby names section. Some of the worst I’ve seen are:

Ruth
Esther
Enid
Edith
Eunice
Maude
Benedict
Maximus
Jasper
Douglas
Byron
Ernest
Sidney
Stanley
Ronald

I think mumsnetters like to think they’re in an episode of downton abbey cos I can’t see any other explanation for those monstrosities in 2022.
Personally I prefer most of these to the ‘trendy’ made up type names or quirky spellings some people prefer(not that I’d use them!). I saw Kouper yesterday 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Personally I prefer most of these to the ‘trendy’ made up type names or quirky spellings some people prefer(not that I’d use them!). I saw Kouper yesterday 🤢
See I just think there’s a middle ground between Kouper and Ronald 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@nicalibres I think Esther is nice. Although my view may have changed since I met one in her 20s! It's funny how people with the name can influence your views on it. Before I met her I thought it was an old lady name.
I know a young Stanley. Not a name I would choose but don't see anything wrong with it. Jasper is cute but I just think of a dog! Can't imagine a grown man with that name.

Reactions: 2
@nicalibres I think Esther is nice. Although my view may have changed since I met one in her 20s! It's funny how people with the name can influence your views on it. Before I met her I thought it was an old lady name.
I know a young Stanley. Not a name I would choose but don't see anything wrong with it. Jasper is cute but I just think of a dog! Can't imagine a grown man with that name.
I think it maybe comes down to your background/where your from.

I’m working class from Glasgow and if I had a baby and called it Esther or Stanley, my friends and family would think I was ill.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't mind Jasper or Max - although not so keep on Maximus - but the others aren't names I would choose. I don't mind certain names that are more vintage in style, but names like Ernest and Eunice I don't like in general, and certainly can't imagine a little kid with those names!

Like those silly names on this year's Love Island..Only one is decent and that is Gemma but then again Gemma Collins :rolleyes:....

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.