Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Koa sounds like the name of a horrific event in indigenous mythology. Very sinister.

I remembered today how much I despise the name Pamela. My mum had a couple of friends named Pam when I was growing up, and they were both utter goons.

Reactions: 5
I think all names that instantly allude to a specific person should likely be avoided.

Pamela
Demi
Cher
Winona
Marilyn
Katniss
Etc

as if that would prevent people from simply shortening it to Kris! and actually, spelled that way, I imagine people naturally shortened it to Kristy in a way they wouldn't have worth Christina. 🤦🏻‍♀️

i don't get the issue with shortening names - unless it's the person whose name it is that doesn't want their name shortened. it's a weird expectation for a parent to force upon their child that they can't be called by a nickname!

it was probably Bran, inspired by the Game of Thrones character. Brandon, who was known as Bran. admittedly not the best choice when it's also a cereal, but as Game of Throne inspired names go, it could have been a lot worse! Drogo, Hodor, Podrick and Tobho - to name a few! 🤣🤣
Hmm maybe but I don’t think she’d be the type to name her child after a tv show character 😂 I could be wrong though. I’ve never watched it so my mind goes straight to cereal.
Her other son is called Brooks, which I don’t mind actually.

Koa sounds like the name of a horrific event in indigenous mythology. Very sinister.

I remembered today how much I despise the name Pamela. My mum had a couple of friends named Pam when I was growing up, and they were both utter goons.
Screaming at this 😂 but I quite like Koa! *runs away and hides*

Reactions: 2
Both Pamela and Pam are despicable names. So flumpy and damp.
i went to school with a girl named Pamela - she was born in the late 80s and it always seemed an odd choice of name for a little girl, in addition to the fact that it's such an ugly name. she only ever went by the nickname Pam, or Pammy when she was little. 🤢🤢

admittedly, i did feel sorry for her once Pam-a-larrrrr became a thing - but luckily she wasn't still at school by that point, or that point! 🤣

Reactions: 3
I had to deal with a women called Candi today at work… as if the name wasn’t bad enough they had to misspell it

• Sick
Reactions: 4
someone I went to school with named her daughter Wynter Rose. Also, a girl I went to college with has two sons named Orlinn and Kylinn.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I worked with a Siobhain before and a new girl started she was foreign so couldn't properly pronounce the name Siobhain and would call her Sha - Bon
Anytime I see the name Siobhain or someone with the name I always say Sha-bon in my head 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There’s an “insta-mum” who has identical twin girls named Myla and Nyah. So similar. I don’t get it. Their younger sister is Remi, which is a vile name.

Reactions: 2
But surely now everyone just says it like Smithy….Pam-a-larrrrrrrr?!?
A gaming channel I like played an awful, glitchy horse game called 'My Little Riding Champion' for a laugh a couple of years ago. The voice actors had clearly never heard the name Pamela before because they kept woodenly saying 'Pa-MEEL-a' and it's all I ever hear now 😂

All the bully girls at school were always called Jackie. There's something menacing about that name.

Dawn and Lynne have got to be the most dull names in the history of names 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone online mentioned they have a little boy called Maverick, which I think is terrible. If the name meaning I have for it is correct, why would you call a child that?
I have also come across a female Taylor, except it is spelled Taylre or Tayrle, though hopefully that is just for her YouTube channel name.

There’s an “insta-mum” who has identical twin girls named Myla and Nyah. So similar. I don’t get it. Their younger sister is Remi, which is a vile name.
yeah, I've been meaning to mention them for a while. I hate super matching names for twins, and rhyming names are the worst. just super cringe - but Myla and Nyah are especially awful. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.