Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably just one of those sickeningly twee nicknames people give to their unborn baby, based on its size on one of those daft apps. See also Peanut, Bean šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Anything prefaced with ā€œour littleā€ is going to be godawful.
Yes! I hate that! They always think theyā€™re the first couple to nickname their foetus ā€œBeanā€ as well šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Another one I dislike is Wendy.

I have two lovely relatives with this name, but I still despise it. It sounds like a flapping curtain.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another one I dislike is Wendy.

I have two lovely relatives with this name, but I still despise it. It sounds like a flapping curtain.
I am yet to hear any W name that I do not despise. Wendy/Winifred/Wynona and then all the modern shite Willow/Wrigley. Awful

Reactions: 3
Don't know if this has been said but (nevaeh) heaven spelled backwards. If you have to explain a name then it is stupid. šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 10
ha, thank you! it was bugging me because i knew there was a third name that fell into that category, and i couldn't remember what it was! Regina! urgh. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
We have a neighbour called Regina. You know when you end up giving neighbours you donā€™t see very often nicknames such as ā€˜no neckā€™ or ā€˜the Profā€™?, well, we nicknamed her Vag so all of us happily say ā€˜oh, Vag is out for a walkā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is going to hit a nerve I imagineā€¦ any kind of Carly, Karlie, Kyla, etc. it was a very popular name at school and they were literally all chavs.

Reactions: 5
This is going to hit a nerve I imagineā€¦ any kind of Carly, Karlie, Kyla, etc. it was a very popular name at school and they were literally all chavs.
Absolutely. Any version of Carl or Karl, for guys or girls.

It must be nominative determinism, because ā€œcarleā€ in Middle English meant a rough man.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.