Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not fond of the names Wanda or Sylvia although I think they would make cute cat names 😺

Reactions: 1
Heard of this family because their youngest 6 year old was in the news for running a marathon.

Four of the six kids:
Rainer
Memory
Seven
Eden

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't like the name Mary for some reason. One of the neighbours is called Mary and I secretly pity her because of her name.

I knew a girl called Bridie and a girl called Calista and they were absolute witches and I think the names are a bit strange too.

Reactions: 3
I don't like how they've changed Chloe and Courtney to 'Khloe' and 'Kourtney' just to make them fit with the 'K' names.
I went to school with a horrible girl called Courtnie and like a year before we left she changed it to Kourtnie on Facebook 🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 2
Heard of this family because their youngest 6 year old was in the news for running a marathon.

Four of the six kids:
Rainer
Memory
Seven
Eden
the youngest boy is called Rainier, as opposed to Rainer. there's also Memory, Eden, Dove and Filia, and another son called Seven.

triplets on IG - Lennon, Elliot And Tommy -
two girls and a boy. great.

except Elliot is the boy. and Tommy isn't a nickname, it's the full name of one of the baby girls. 🤦🏻‍♀️

ah okay, thank you! so i guess it's Ghislaine, with a silent S. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Apparently it can also be pronounced with a soft g at the start and with the s pronounced ( as a z). I have heard of two oeople with the name and they both pronounced it one of the ways.

how actually IS the name Ghislaine pronounced?! i usually pride myself on actively learning how to pronounce names when i'm unsure of the correct pronounciation, but Ghislaine - for some reason - has stuck in my head as Griss-Laine, and that's how I hear it in my head when I read it. just reminds me of the word gristle, which is kinda gross - but in reality I have no idea how of the correct pronounciation! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Jizz Lane

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If they’re on YouTube you might as well just reveal the actual name 😄
I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to mention families etc by name on here, unless it’s on a thread pertaining to them, so I preferred to go for relative anonimity.

There’s a vlogger who has a boyfriend called Hainsley, which irritates the hell out of me for some reason.

Ok I'm fairly sure I haven't said this one before but if I have apologies 🙃 Ghislaine. Now I know it's what, a French name? Whatever it is. But I've always been someone who could read & spell a word perfectly, but my pronunciation has always been questionable 😂(I'd often see words for the first time on the page of a book) so for me to say her name, I say it like Jizzlane. Which if your anywhere in the UK at least, you'll understand Jizz Lane sounds a bit like an orgy in an alleyway. So there u have it. 🤣
Now that's a name I think that sounds like gristle if pronounced wrong haha :D I didn't know how to pronounce it for awhile with all the media coverage of Ghislaine Maxwell pedophilia ring trial coverage.

Last edited:
Now that's a name I think that sounds like gristle if pronounced wrong haha :D I didn't know how to pronounce it for awhile with all the media coverage of Ghislaine Maxwell pedophilia ring trial coverage.
She suits Jizz-Lane better anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Elliot and Darryl on girls. They're boys names! (and yes, I know there's the odd unisex name)

Reactions: 4
Two names have been pissing me off today.

Hugo. What a horrible, pretentious little duo of syllables. HUGO. Dreadful.

Archie. Such an ugly sound, like the screech of a cinder under a door. Sounds like argy-bargy. Reminds me of industrial bridge arches.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.