Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another name I used to like is Dulce. But if said in my accent it's dull-see. Not nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think Celeste is a pretty name but it makes me think of Babar the elephant who is married to Queen Celeste - if I had a child named that I'd be slightly concerned about whether kids would use it to make fun of her weight. I prefer the name Celia which has the same meaning ("heavenly") but the only Celia I've ever known said people could never remember it, and always confused it for similar names (Cecilia, Selina, Sylvia, etc.)
I know someone named Celeste, but she doesn't pronounce it like See-lest, but Chi-leh-steh :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Gabriel is ok but the shortening to Gabe is nauseating.
i really dislike the name Gabriel, but Gabe is vile. it makes me think of something greasy and oily and slippery! totally appreciate it's a weird association to have with the name, and i honestly have no idea where it came from, but hearing the name Gabe makes me want to wash my hands! ๐Ÿคฃ

Reactions: 4
i really dislike the name Gabriel, but Gabe is vile. it makes me think of something greasy and oily and slippery! it's weird association to have with the name, and i honestly have no idea where ot came from! ๐Ÿคฃ
Itโ€™s also the start of the homophobic slur โ€œgay boyโ€ and I would hate to have to say that every time I said my sonโ€™s name. ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

Reactions: 2
Another name I used to like is Dulce. But if said in my accent it's dull-see. Not nice.
i love the meaning of the name Dulce - but i totally agree about the pronunciation. i also wouldn't wanna burden my little girl with the nickname "Dull".

Reactions: 1
Strange coincidence - I just saw a post elsewhere where someone was asking whether sunnie/sonny could be a unisex name!
i can totally imagine people using Sunny/Sunnie as a unisex name, but Sonny seems incredibly masculine and i hope nobody has decided to use it to name a girl! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Reactions: 4
Rusty and Randy ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nobody should be called Randy, not even as a nickname. Rusty is no better.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
One of the mums at school just had a baby boy - Norman ! She has a little girl called Ronnie- Ray ( not Rae which is the more feminine version )
These are names from when I used to work in a school
Twins called Julie and Nora
Lulu
Coddie ( Cody)
Susan ( not really a common name for a 3 year old !)
Angel
There was a girl called Amy- Lee-Mary- Jane that was her actual first name and it was never allowed to be shortened
Prince
Latif and his sister Latifah
Hugo
Sunshine ( he had a brother called star )
Zulu

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
One of the mums at school just had a baby boy - Norman ! She has a little girl called Ronnie- Ray ( not Rae which is the more feminine version )
These are names from when I used to work in a school
Twins called Julie and Nora
Lulu
Coddie ( Cody)
Susan ( not really a common name for a 3 year old !)
Angel
There was a girl called Amy- Lee-Mary- Jane that was her actual first name and it was never allowed to be shortened
Prince
Latif and his sister Latifah
Hugo
Sunshine ( he had a brother called star )
Zulu
Coddie, but pronounced like the name Cody?! that's awful! surely people would see that spelling, and pronounce it Coddy, like the fish! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I genuinely cannot imagine why anyone would use the name Norman - and Susan/Julia/Nora are equally as hideous! ๐Ÿคข

Reactions: 3
Another one of mine is Wilma - I think it is so ugly and old-fashioned. I associate it with Wilma Flintstone; a racist old lady in the Deep South; or an annoying dog called Wilma that a friend of our family used to own

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.