Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sheleg

VIP Member
I hate the American trend for names ending in "-yn".

Madisyn
Jordyn
Brandyn
Addisyn

Reminds me of Slimming World syns.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
Neveah is the worst of the worst. It can't be said without "its Heaven backwards". What a shit name.

Anything twee and double barrelled especially ones ending with Mae.

Logan. I just don't like it.
I think there’s 3 Nevaeh’s at school here. One of the mums has said to me at least once “it’s heaven Spelled backwards you know!”
I’m so tempted to introduce my kid as “this is Fred, it’s Derf spelled backwards you know” just to show her how wanky she sounds

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
The manager of a friend of mine has named her son Brockley.

I wonder if his middle name is tender stem.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Dipdab

VIP Member
Their eldest, 13, is called Alex and then there's Axel, 12, Xela, 11, Lexa, 10, Xael, 9, Xeal, 8, Exla , 5, Leax , 4, Xale , 2, Elax, 1, and six-month-old Alxe..

:sick::sick::sick::sick:
Bet Alex is chuffed he was born first and got the normal name 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

adult human female

I'd been calling this little girl Isabelle since I met her, was informed yesterday her name is actually Isabeau pronounced "is a bow"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Pennyviolet

Every Chloe i’ve ever met has been pretentious

Every Jack i’ve ever met has been an absolute tool

Also i dislike any of the -ayden names. I used to love Jayden but it’s so so so so overdone now. Cayden, Hayden, Blayden…

Don’t like the Rae/Mae/Jae names that they just add on Mary-Rae, Sally-Jae… it’s so overdone

also i hate anything that “spelled to be unique” like Kwristoefar and Emmehleigh (Christopher and Emily). If it’s a different countries spelling fine i get it but i’m on about the ones who think they’re Elon Musk with X AE EMC=yx^P pronounced Steve

Every Chloe I know , including children are total chavs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

MyrtleRV

VIP Member
Oh, just remembered another one! I was sat in A&E once and a nurse came out and called the name:

‘Siobhan Walker’

We all sat there as she called it again, then checked her paperwork and said it again. By this time we’re all having a look around as we want to know who this mystery person is (and more importantly if they’ve gone home and we get bumped up the queue!).

Eventually this woman with a toddler perched on her hip goes up to the nurse and says:

‘I think you must be calling my daughter’s name but you’re pronouncing it wrong, don’t worry everyone does. Her name is ‘Sigh-Oh-Ban’ Walker!’ 😳

No one in the room could look at each other but everyone was sat shoulders bobbing up and down, silently in hysterics! I mean, Dear God!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24