Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I follow on Insta (not an influencer; it's a fan page for a pair of cats) has just announced they had a baby who they've named "Elimnia." I Googled it, it's a place in Greece and has apparently been used as a name in fantasy literature. But not a great name IMO

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Same as when American's pronounce Craig as 'Creg', it's a shite name to start with but that takes the biscuit.
🤣 I like how they say Gar for Gary, though. Makes it sound much better.
1633458052338.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I hate the American trend for names ending in "-yn".

Madisyn
Jordyn
Brandyn
Addisyn

Reminds me of Slimming World syns.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78
I hate the American trend for names ending in "-yn".

Madisyn
Jordyn
Brandyn
Addisyn

Reminds me of Slimming World syns.
Maddison/syn was popular in about 2002, granddaughter had 4 of them in her class plus an Addison/syn. Poor teacher.

Reactions: 8
Fiancé's baby niece is named Maddie-Marie, bad enough as it is but as they are American maybe I should be relieved it's not Madisyn-Marie?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Was listening to a podcast today and the name Narcissa was mentioned. Back in the 1930s. Not a name I've heard recently

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.