Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a bakery I follow on Instagram, one of the owners just named her new baby girl Inka Rue 🥴
There’s trying hard to be different and ✨unique✨ and there’s just choosing horrendous names
Instantly makes me think of squids 🦑 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The manager of a friend of mine has named her son Brockley.

I wonder if his middle name is tender stem.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I know someone with a baby Rue. Horrible name.
I take your Rue, and I raise you the spelling Roo 🥴 our estate agents little boy is legit called Roo… I was like ‘aw what’s that short for?’

….’nothing, it’s just Roo’ 🥴🥴🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I saw a recent tv programme with an elderly character called Isla-Rose (or something like that?) and just thought it was so unrealistic for someone her age (unless she changed it by deed poll)

I saw a recent tv programme with an elderly character called Isla-Rose (or something like that?) and just thought it was so unrealistic for someone her age (unless she changed it by deed poll)
I work in a school and I’d never heard of any Isla’s other than Isla Fischer until about 8/10 years ago

Reactions: 3
I work with a woman who's married but didn't change her name (it's White). She recently told me her daughter is called Isla and I really hope she's got her Dad's surname.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Can’t stand the name Reign, seen 2 people that have used this in the past few months, one for a girl and one for a boy, I can’t even decide which it’s worse on!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Lakeashs, Tanisha, Bostin, Jaydin, Soephie, Blayde, Mate, Bou, Jakib, Balieh, Steele , Parka, Jadeyn, Jaykob. A class of 17 year olds blessed with parents who couldn’t spell.
I have seen my name on here a few times.🤣
They are all shockers but … Mate??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In Scotland (usually more the Highlands), a lot of poor women end up with a female version of their dad's name, usually by adding ina
Angusina has such a lovely ring to it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I work in a school and I’d never heard of any Isla’s other than Isla Fischer until about 8/10 years ago
Isla is an Aussie name to me!

Can’t stand the name Reign, seen 2 people that have used this in the past few months, one for a girl and one for a boy, I can’t even decide which it’s worse on!
A nurse who I work with named her baby Kingsley Reign and tbh I’m reporting her to the NMC for that

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lakeashs, Tanisha, Bostin, Jaydin, Soephie, Blayde, Mate, Bou, Jakib, Balieh, Steele , Parka, Jadeyn, Jaykob. A class of 17 year olds blessed with parents who couldn’t spell.
I have seen my name on here a few times.🤣
Parka 😳 poor kids

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Brodie, Chase, Eden (boy), Ezra, Parker, Riley, Finlay, Kai, Kaeden, Keyan are all terrible

Reactions: 1
Brodie, Chase, Eden (boy), Ezra, Parker, Riley, Finlay, Kai, Kaeden, Keyan are all terrible
I went to school with a Brodie in the 00s.

I love Ezra but I know it will age badly.

Reactions: 1
I went to school with a Brodie in the 00s.

I love Ezra but I know it will age badly.
I don't think Ezra suits a baby, it sounds a bit harsh, I think it would sound better once they hit 20 maybe😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.