Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pippa means “to fu*k” in Swedish, every time I see someone named pippa I feel a little bit funny 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There's an Amarni-Rae in my son't class. I'm embarrassed for her. She'll have to put that on a CV one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, another one *double post alert*... back when I had my first baby, the breastfeeding advisor was called 'Jo King' ("if it hurts, you're doing it wrong"). Seriously, could not have been more appropriate :LOL:

Any name that's like this dhshhrbsjshf, how do you pronounce it?
Oh, its Megan....... 🙄
We're Irish, this is a hazard! Although, neither of my children have Irish names.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a friend who met a man called Crispian, when she went to introduce him to her mum she decided to warn her first ‘cause her mum could be a bit funny and ‘not take to things’ 🙄😆.

So she sits her down, takes a deep breath and says ‘Mum, I’ve met a man I really like and I want you to meet him but he’s got a funny name so I just wanted to tell you about it first’, her mum’s face dropped and deadly serious she grabbed her arm and looked her straight in the eyes before she said ‘Keith? Please don’t let him be called Keith!!’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Oh, god, I've got another. I really want to put his whole name here, first & surname, but totally cant, it is UNIQUE & you'd 100% find is SM in a second. The first name is a county & the second is a game bird. His parents must be terribly, terribly middle class hippies.

Reactions: 2
Oh, god, I've got another. I really want to put his whole name here, first & surname, but totally cant, it is UNIQUE & you'd 100% find is SM in a second. The first name is a county & the second is a game bird. His parents must be terribly, terribly middle class hippies.
Somerset Partridge? Devon Grouse?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, just remembered another one! I was sat in A&E once and a nurse came out and called the name:

‘Siobhan Walker’

We all sat there as she called it again, then checked her paperwork and said it again. By this time we’re all having a look around as we want to know who this mystery person is (and more importantly if they’ve gone home and we get bumped up the queue!).

Eventually this woman with a toddler perched on her hip goes up to the nurse and says:

‘I think you must be calling my daughter’s name but you’re pronouncing it wrong, don’t worry everyone does. Her name is ‘Sigh-Oh-Ban’ Walker!’ 😳

No one in the room could look at each other but everyone was sat shoulders bobbing up and down, silently in hysterics! I mean, Dear God!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Alright mate how’s the kids

Oh, just remembered another one! I was sat in A&E once and a nurse came out and called the name:

‘Siobhan Walker’

We all sat there as she called it again, then checked her paperwork and said it again. By this time we’re all having a look around as we want to know who this mystery person is (and more importantly if they’ve gone home and we get bumped up the queue!).

Eventually this woman with a toddler perched on her hip goes up to the nurse and says:

‘I think you must be calling my daughter’s name but you’re pronouncing it wrong, don’t worry everyone does. Her name is ‘Sigh-Oh-Ban’ Walker!’ 😳

No one in the room could look at each other but everyone was sat shoulders bobbing up and down, silently in hysterics! I mean, Dear God!! 😂😂😂
STOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! My husband works with a Niamh. That’s Nai-um, actually.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh, another one *double post alert*... back when I had my first baby, the breastfeeding advisor was called 'Jo King' ("if it hurts, you're doing it wrong"). Seriously, could not have been more appropriate :LOL:

We're Irish, this is a hazard! Although, neither of my children have Irish names.
My name is Irish, very simple & phonetically pronounced but still nobody appears to be able to spell it and all I used to get was "EH? How do you spell that then?" Here in France nobody bats an eyelid at my weird name though :)

Somerset Partridge? Devon Grouse?
Cornwall Quail? Ooooh this is fun!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.