Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Someone I follow on Insta (not an influencer; it's a fan page for a pair of cats) has just announced they had a baby who they've named "Elimnia." I Googled it, it's a place in Greece and has apparently been used as a name in fantasy literature. But not a great name IMO

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Lewlew

I know a girl called Candy

Someone I know on Facebook was pregnant and didn’t know what she was having, but wanted to know what everyone thought of her name choices… for a girl she had Nevaeh (the classic) and for a boy, it was Country. COUNTRY???????
Hope his name doesn't get shortened

• Haha

MyrtleRV

VIP Member
I had a friend who met a man called Crispian, when she went to introduce him to her mum she decided to warn her first ‘cause her mum could be a bit funny and ‘not take to things’ 🙄😆.

So she sits her down, takes a deep breath and says ‘Mum, I’ve met a man I really like and I want you to meet him but he’s got a funny name so I just wanted to tell you about it first’, her mum’s face dropped and deadly serious she grabbed her arm and looked her straight in the eyes before she said ‘Keith? Please don’t let him be called Keith!!’ 😂😂😂

• Haha

Stickladylove

During lockdown I did an online toddler group with my son and we had to introduce our little one; we met TWILIGHT.

• Haha
  • Wow

So so able

Just come across this thread . . . I know of someone who has just had a baby and called it Pond. I've got no idea if it's a boy or girl, I've been too horrified by the name to find out!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

sheleg

VIP Member
I am perplexed by the popularity of the name Olive. Ugly sound, horrible colour.

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I was out with the kids I childmind when we passed a little girl. They said hello to each other and I asked who she was... They said "oh that's Babs!" Turns out that's her actual name as well. She was only about 9!

• Haha
  • Wow

Megan Bacon

I remember when my son was little, a girl in his class was called Octavia. The mum would stand in the playground shouting ‘hurry up Octaviaaaaaaaa’. The mum was also the reason letters got sent out from the school saying that pyjamas and dressing gowns were not appropriate attire for collecting your child from school.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

SandGrown

Chatty Member
I had to help someone fill in a passport application a while ago. Aalivijahh, pronounced Olivia. I struggled

• Haha
  • Wow

Rothsey

VIP Member
I think it was Liv Tyler who posted an ⚓ When she had her baby. The name was Sailor. I thought it was Wan*er 🤣

• Haha