Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their eldest, 13, is called Alex and then there's Axel, 12, Xela, 11, Lexa, 10, Xael, 9, Xeal, 8, Exla , 5, Leax , 4, Xale , 2, Elax, 1, and six-month-old Alxe..

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Their eldest, 13, is called Alex and then there's Axel, 12, Xela, 11, Lexa, 10, Xael, 9, Xeal, 8, Exla , 5, Leax , 4, Xale , 2, Elax, 1, and six-month-old Alxe..

Oh god. What’s left? Exal like a verb? Laxe like a poo medicine? Aexl like a barcode? Eaxl like a file format?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What is it with these names? Why are they so popular at the moment? Archie, Ronnie, Reggie, Lenny? All dreadful names. Poor boys.
I went to school with a girl who went by Vinnie (short for Lavinia) but at least she did have the full name to use whenever she wanted ...

Reactions: 1
I used to know a Cordelia who went by Cordy. I suspect if my name was Cordelia I'd have found another option.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Surely Xael and Xale pronounced the same?!

Reactions: 5

Bet Alex is chuffed he was born first and got the normal name 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I've just remembered I was in school with twins called Gillian and Julian but NO ONE TOOK THE PISS.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
About 30 years ago I worked in a Nursery school, we had a child called BJ. it wasn't short for anything, his name was literally BJ. I'd love to know if he changed it later in life.

At my daughter's kids club there was a girl named Tiger.
Laughing because my brother was called that but short for Brian James. He got ripped to shreds in high school and goes by Brian now altho we call him beedge as he's just not Brian to family. I mean Brian is a bad name for a kid too

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was out with the kids I childmind when we passed a little girl. They said hello to each other and I asked who she was... They said "oh that's Babs!" Turns out that's her actual name as well. She was only about 9!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I know a Penny-Anne. Never shortened to Penny, always called Penny-Anne which is just an ugly combination of names IMO

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.