Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vroomvroom

Chatty Member
Why would you ask Mumsnet?!
Just read that thread and it's awful. They just can't wait to tell someone they are fat, and how they are 9st but feel huge. It's vile. Someone has said at 12st they couldn't walk as their legs were so fat. WTF!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
An ED-tastic thread right now called “what is your BMI if you feel slim?”

BTW I hate the word “slim”. It feels taken straight from an advert from the 1960s.

Needless to say, it’s full of women saying they feel best at a BMI of less than 20, and they feel so awfully fat if they reach 23.
Mumsnet: an all girls school for life

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Brilliant one at the moment about mortgage repayments, the poster lives in a house worth £1.30 million, pays £3300 off their interest only mortgage every month and also has £1 million in the bank. Yeah ok then. Surely if you had that much cash you’d pay off the interest only mortgage!
2B878309-A24D-454D-B8F5-9628B27D7BAD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Sw4

VIP Member
Not sure if it's still there, but there was a thread last night where the OP had accidentally let the bath overflow when she was staying at a friend's house, and the friend was now not speaking to her. Fair enough, very silly mistake, damage could have been done and the friend probably needs to cool down a bit.

But there was about 10 pages of piling onto the OP, all saying pretty much the same thing about how stupid and careless she was and the friend should have thrown her out etc. One post even suggested she should transfer him 5k right now to cover any possible damage 🤔. If many posts have already said something why do others keep posting more of the same! It's just bullying, mob mentality.

Never seen anything like this on Tattle towards other posters- I'll admit there's certain threads about certain influencers that I feel are a bit in bad taste but I appreciate everyone has different opinions and on the whole people are still polite to each other!

• Wow
Can the Mumsnet mole on here please post a thread with some kind of lingerie/Bralet/lace bodysuit image and ask if it’s suitable for a works do?

I wanna see them bitches snort out their tea and have heart attacks left right and centre.

• Haha

melonpane

Predictions for MN's 2023:

1/ How to sack my nanny (I don't really have one, thought they were goats)
2/ My husband swallowed my tampon (actually Justine making time)
3/ People claiming benefits smell funny (I was once on benefits and loathe myself)
4/ What do middle class people eat? (I am desperately concerned about my lifestyle and ashamed of my grandparents working down't pit)
5/ Do we euthanise our horse? (never even owned a horse, but it sounds posh)
6/ Is Shazzay a chavvy baby name? (I hate my council house and the spongey wallpaper)
7/ We are so concerend about food banks, should we offer them our used toilet roll? (I am a cunt)
8/ Our cleaner stole my false teeth (I'm so sick of being a civil servant)

and so on.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I do think some of them are quite sweet... but I am also dumbfounded as to why they/anyone is interested in someone wearing their trackies/jumpers/wotever when they are quite the least interesting clothes I've ever seen mostly. I just cant square the circle? And grown women in dungarees give me the ick - sorry, not sorry :LOL:

• Haha

Blurp

VIP Member
I can't find the thread about which brands to buy but I loved the comment about either Toast or Seasalt (can't remember which) making you look like a shipwrecked Amish widow!

I have a horrible feeling that I may look like that to other people, what with my love of 'boho', vintage, Doc Martens, long flowing skirts with warm petticoats, cardigans, and homemade jerseys, both knitted and crochet.... I've got medical retirement early and so no need to look 'professional' any more and major abdominal surgery left me unable to wear anything with a waistband for months. My belly shape has changed too. I'm currently loving silk scarves on my head to protect my hair which is thinning from chemo. Lots of knitted things - shawls, gloves and mittens, scarves and shawlettes - plus hats, knitted/velvet/fake fur. I tend to shop in supermarkets, small businesses advertising on Instagram, Vinted, Etsy, eBay and vintage shops.

• Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
Someone over there getting hot under the collar about this 'trolling' of their forums especially this dog story.

• Haha

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Who was the prolific poster who died and various MNetters clubbed together to send a flower arrangement to her funeral that spelled out AIBU?

(I swear I did not make that up!)

• Wow
  • Haha

Duchessofmanchester

Chatty Member
Anyone seen the moaning there's a cost of living crisis on, how dare people let off fireworks thread,?
They're all shaking and traumatised at the thought of people daring to havs fun and one poster "thought she was being bombed".

• Haha
Kate is a Netmums hun, she’s not a Mumsnetter 🤣 they wish!

Meghan is possibly on Mumsnet…she’s NC with most of her family and currently working through the in-laws!

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Why? You post on a public forum
It’s not a hidden private forum
I can’t see the issue

‘hey fashion lovers’
I can’t help think Flissmumsnet is trolling MN
I find it absolutely bizarre that MN have signposted this thread AND named the website. They don’t do it with any other site, including when a thread is picked up on the Daily Mail. If those posters are daft enough to post pics of themselves on an open forum, I’m not sure what to say, tbh.

• Haha

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
There is a miserable thread about someone asking for opinions on a dress for a work party.
What the actual fuck! So unbelievably miserable and patronising, the cunts

I don’t know what the fuck ‘sexily’ is but I certainly wouldn’t dress up to go to bed in this
The perils of asking advice during granny hour.
Wonder if they’ve stopped clutching their pearls yet.

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
That’s how people with masses of savings get masses of savings in the first place - by being tight and obsessed with the numbers getting bigger.
Yeah and then they die and everyone is aghast to find out how much money they had in the bank because they were such a tight arse when they were alive and no one has a good word to say about them because they would always find an excuse to leave just before it was their round in the pub. The End.

• Haha
  • Heart

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Re "I'm mad, me". I was in the City of London today with my oldest, and we happened to walk down Mincing Lane. I minced, oh I minced and minced, while she cringed :ROFLMAO: The younger one would have minced with me...

• Haha
  • Heart