Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Mumsnet should actually change its name at this point, it's got fuck all to do with motherhood. It's Reddit for nasty bitches. The amount of times I have a question (I have a 6 year old) and think I'll ask mumsnet but they're all cunts so I don't even bother. I'd rather ask here!
You should put that forward as a thread title suggestion!

Mumsnet - It’s Reddit for nasty bitches! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 28

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Oh my god, I can’t believe you’ve STOLEN a quote from a post I wrote. I’m logging it NOW! And asking everyone here for a handhold. I’m literally shaking and sobbing, I haven’t been as traumatised as this since my DMIL said hello to me on Christmas Day.
I’m so sorry. Perhaps another kind Tattler could draft a message for you, expressing your disgust and required resolution to this incident.
💐

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I really hope this is someone taking the piss. Surely. Otherwise its like they're trying to be self-aware and failing miserably.
View attachment 1874707
No bloody wonder Mumsnet is a mecca for the hard up with their tales of woe, 34p in the bank, no food, nappies or formula milk, the electricity is about to run out, the gas is being disconnected, can anyone help? <wide-eyed look of innocence whilst glaring at the wealthy Mumsnetters with zillions of savings in the bank>

I don't believe in saving for a rainy day, I'd rather spend money on doing nice things and buying nice stuff. I agree a bit of a buffer is a good idea, but no-one needs thousands and thousands tucked away. Buy the shoes! Get the handbag! Book the holiday! Treat your kids to a fabulous day out! Go out for dinner! Drink wine not tap water!

Alternatively, send it to me and I'll spend it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I wrote this reply to an AIBU regarding a poster's next door builders' woes. Fuck me but I *despise* some of the nasty replies this woman is receiving
I despise noisy neighbours threads. The majority of the replies are always ‘go and live in a field if you don’t like it’ and you can guarantee none of the fuckers have ever experienced noisy neighbours or are loud, inconsiderate, selfish arseholes themselves.

‘AIBU to let my 9 year old practice his tuba for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, starting at 6am despite the fact we live in a terrace and the walls are paper thin’.
‘Op, it’s FINE. How else will little Jeremy become proficient and if your neighbours don’t like it, they can move. I’d love it!’

FUCK OFF. One of ndneighbours had 3 teenagers and one would practice the drums at random hours of the day and night and the other would hold parties from 5pm-6am with a professional sound system that wouldn’t have been out of place in a nightclub. But according to MN, it was my problem that I didn’t like the noise and I should ‘just’ move house.

• Wow
  • Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Someone has started a thread asking how to dress in an eccentric bohemian dark academia style. Not sure what “dark academia” involves but I’m now picturing OP as a middle-aged Wednesday Addams.

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
E27E0164-1592-4BEB-A987-7645C174351A.jpeg

This made me laugh. I love the euphemistic ‘conscious approach’ which basically seems to mean no violence only healthy conflict resolution please.

my fav response:

11FA8AA5-980F-40C1-9551-02CAAF0A988C.jpeg

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
There were a few DS posters who died. Wonkydonkey being the main one but there was a girl who died of anorexia. She used to post pictures of cakes she’d made. Can’t remember her name now,
LilMunchkin. She was on Twitter as well. Nobody knew how near the end she was until about a week before she died, posting that she had multi-organ failure and was terrified and desperately wanted to live. She got accused of trolling because she had also posted some photos of some baking she'd done that week. What people didn't realise is that her onlife life was all smoke and mirrors and wishful thinking - she wasn't the one doing the baking or any of the other activities she said she did. She was only 24. She'd been very unwell for many many years. I used to talk to her on Twitter about the travelling I was doing, and she said she would love to see the world but she knew she never would. May she rest in peace.

• Sad
  • Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I'm not entirely convinced that Babdoc was a doctor
I'm not entirely convinced that anyone who starts a reply with 'nurse/doctor/lawyer/police officer here' are who they say they are either. At the start of the the Covid pandemic, there was an AMA thread from a doctor working on a covid ward and nothing he/she said made any sense, plus they were posting identifying information about patients (except I think the patients were imaginary) and eventually Mumsnet took the thread down, but only after several genuine healthcare workers reported it for being full of scaremongering nonsense.

• Wow

Millie2023

I would have said Mid 40s- mid 50s 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes maybe, I just tend to think of it as predominantly a child rearing forum, as that’s why I joined (and I have lots of friends who joined at that age)
That said, it’s been going for a while, so lots of the “old timers” will be mid 40s-mid 50s now and there are countless sub-forums that are nothing to do with children…
It’d be interesting to know… we could start a thread, but it’d be bound to turn into a bun fight 🤣🤣

ETA can I just say a big “thank you”
to you all, for keeping me entertained this past couple of weeks. I was poorly over Christmas (ended up in hospital) and was subsequently referred for a scan, under the 2 week pathway.
I had the scan yesterday and although I’ll need treatment, it wasn’t the cancer that went unspoken and that we were all fearing ❤
Checking in and posting on this thread has been a much needed distraction, I’ve got a bit of a road to recovery, so I imagine it’ll be a continued distraction. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
An ED-tastic thread right now called “what is your BMI if you feel slim?”

BTW I hate the word “slim”. It feels taken straight from an advert from the 1960s.

Needless to say, it’s full of women saying they feel best at a BMI of less than 20, and they feel so awfully fat if they reach 23.

• Angry
  • Wow

Serene Serena

VIP Member
The style and beauty thread where they post photos of their outfits on a daily basis is so funny. I can’t believe they are getting upset at being ridiculed over here, when they are wearing pink joggers, Velcro trainers and other bizarre clothing choices. Don’t post a photo of yourself on an open forum if you’re a sensitive little flower FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
I just randomly remembered when I posted asking how many books people had read that year. This was summer time and I was feeling smug as I had read two books a week, It had been my new years resolution to read a book a week. I can't remember what number I wrote but it was something like 40. Someone commented that they had read over 300 books and lots of people put 100+.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I'm still gobsmacked at the woman who skips to work because it makes her happy. With a skipping rope? Doesn't she trip people up? What about skipping up and down escalators? Surely that's a massive health and safety issue.

These "crazy whacky look at me I'm so mad me" people are exhausting to know in real life.

• Haha