Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
There were no thread suggestions so used this quote by @Pebbleybeach which accurately describes MN users.
Oh my god, I can’t believe you’ve STOLEN a quote from a post I wrote. I’m logging it NOW! And asking everyone here for a handhold. I’m literally shaking and sobbing, I haven’t been as traumatised as this since my DMIL said hello to me on Christmas Day.

• Haha
Reactions: 80

Mycatoliver

I read the post about Tiffany’s and actually felt bad for the poster
She cancelled the appointment (she was super excited) because Mumsnet ripped her to pieces and said you can’t have an appointment for anything cheap (which isn’t true)
Horrible

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
And now there is a thread on Reddit about the thread on MN which is about the thread on tattle which is about MN. Gosh that was confusing to type 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41

nicalibres

VIP Member
“Posh chocs” is one of many mn phrases that makes me want to be fired out of a cannon directly into another dimension.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I literally only have this to say: 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Bunch of peasants. I’ve bought my own paramedic and nurse. They live in a house on our land with the nanny, the night nanny, the au pair, the mothers help, the cleaner, the chef and the housekeeper. Maybe they should get better jobs so they can afford proper medical equipment for their house like I have. But I suppose not everyone can be UMC (ultra middle class) like me and my husband. We both work very important six figure jobs you see but I suppose some people just prefer to sit around watching tv and eating snacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
They absolutely _are_ arguing over shower gel. One has been asked to site her sources and then told to run along 🤣
They could argue about anything. I could start a thread saying my favourite colour is purple has anyone seen any purple bedding anywhere recently and it’d descend into chaos.

Bedding should only be white
Someone has seen some in Asda - who the hell shops in Asda think of the environment
Someone suggests £1300 bedding
Someone’s husband wouldn’t let her have purple bedding and she’s told to ltb
Buying new bedding is a waste of money
Blankets are better
Someone’s Nan never owned a duvet cover in her life and lived to 128

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
Apparently Tattle is full and you need a code to join now. Are people still allowed to read it if they aren’t a member?
I'm not sure we'd want the types who are so dim that they don't understand how the internet works.

They probably think it's arcane magic or something.

A site I used to be on some years ago had a poster who was afraid of fibre broadband because someone working for their internet provider might physically look down the cable and see what she was up to in the privacy of her own home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Sglodion

Chatty Member
I found that they were rabidly for lockdown until reality hit and they had to look after their own kids. Then they were all ‘sobbing on the kitchen floor’ because parenting the children that they chose to have impacted on their ability to do their ever so important, six figure salary niche industry jobs. In real life there was more of a balance, I know people who struggled but I know loads more who’s kids thrived at home. The modern school system doesn’t suit every child. I remember I used to go for a daily walk around a nature reserve and I’d see the same family down there a lot doing work sheets and generally having a blast whilst learning, parents kids and even the dog. If only school couldn’t me more like that and less obsessed with academia.
I found the second lockdown so much easier to bear because, apart from being allowed to make a single household bubble so I wasn't entirely by myself for ten weeks, after listening to all the smug twats in the first one going on about what a wonderful opportunity this was to 'appreciate the slower pace of life' by spending 'quality time with their little families' and insinuating that anyone struggling with isolation was just a brainless consumerist extrovert who needed to learn some resilience like their incredible grannies, aka the only twelve people in history to live through WW2, it was unbelievably satisfying to watch them all descend into a collective mental breakdown as the reality of being permanently stuck indoors with three hyperactive children through a pissing wet winter set in. That probably makes me a total cunt. I really don't care 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Thread in AIBU that starts with OP saying ‘fuck off Daily Mail and other journos’ and goes on to bore everyone for about 8 paragraphs about her son’s first car and how he can’t afford the MOT. Hold the front page!

6D94A2B8-8FCD-4114-B9FE-DB83EDAE00DB.jpeg

Same, same.

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Where? I can't see anything on the WAYWT thread.
It’s in Site Stuff. Someone has taken umbrage over the pasta bake comment upthread, and says MN users should be warned that MN isn’t a private VIP site that can only be accessed by people with the purest intentions. People on MN should also be warned that their posts can be seen by anyone who has the internet!
2E5C23D8-7DF3-410E-A24D-49BC7080C509.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
What do they expect? My dislike of them doesn’t come from them being ‘middle aged mums’ at all. My dislike comes from them being a bunch of twee snobs who lack any kind of self awareness whatsoever. If you don’t want people to pass comment on your clothes or the state of your house then don’t post photos of them on the internet for the world to see, you won’t always get the positive validation that you expect. Don’t get me started on the attitudes towards size there, basically anyone over a size eight being morbidly obese in their eyes. Yesterday one OP was told that her size 12 daughter was probably ‘heavy’ and that’s probablg why she wasn’t getting attention from boys. As someone who grew up in the 90’s thinking I was fat when I was only a size 10/12 I’m so relieved that the famine victim look, not attainable for most women, has gone out of fashion and women are allowed to have boobs, bums, waists etc. Someone needs to tell that lot ASAP.

• Heart

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
Someone clever needs to rewrite the story of Judah and Tamar for them. I would genuinely like to see this.

For anyone who isn't familiar with this one: essentially Tamar's husband dies, so she has to marry his brother, who doesn't want to get her pregnant so he utilises the 'pull-out' method. When he dies and her father in law Judah fails to give her another husband, she disguises herself as a prostitute and tricks him into sleeping with her in exchange for a goat. [Genesis 38]
And Jeremiah Kyle did say ‘thou art a whore and thou shalt never pass thy lie detector test, thy doth not believe thou, nor shalt thy audience’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32