Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn't you rather wear pee pants like the lady in the advert, who ends up sitting on some unsuspecting guy's shoulders at a gig, with her full to the brim pee pants on? That advert makes me cringe. If you're pissing yourself on a regular basis, go and see a doctor, don't buy expensive adult nappies.
You means everyone and anyone, not specifically you @Technobiff
Imagine sitting on a blokes shoulders with piss sloshing round your pants and him thinking ' she stinks of piss '
A tena lady will put paid to his wandering hands, unless he's a weirdo obviously.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Is this classic MN or do I just hate them?

The thread was about what songs you hate/make you leave the dance floor.

Who uses that as an opportunity to brag about your son living in Canada making a fortune and being a gifted child?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Some suggestions on a thread asking what to wear for relaxed dinner and drinks on a first date

View attachment 2865393

View attachment 2865394
View attachment 2865395
View attachment 2865397
---
It got a bit bitchy as usual, and then a man felt the need to come along and tell op to wear close fitting clothes, then gave his weird anecdote about leather causing havoc

View attachment 2865406
I mean the one and only time I've worn black leather on a first date it definitely had the desired effect! Or maybe that's because I'm a complete hoebag and had had copious glasses of wine . Shame he turned out to be a narcissistic cheating prick though!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
God the bulky pee pants lady seriously pisses me off! I have never ever had a conversation like that in my life, and I never intend to. Who came up with that load of old piss??
A man with a fetish for women wearing nappies. The piss troll himself, probably :D

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm still not over the MNer saying her partner has an outing body shape.
Big fat arse I reckon. A lot of men have dad bods with a bit of a belly and a hint of moob, so it can't be that. Unless he has that syndrome where he's 7ft tall? Marfan's I think it's called.

Reactions: 4
1712683520885.png

I'm still not over the MNer saying her partner has an outing body shape.
Got to be this dude surely? (Ed from 90 day fiancé - which I've never watched but I've seen this bloke in SO MANY memes)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
"Claims other parents judge her at baby groups and aren't friendly towards her" - because she's got a serious superiority complex and is an unapproachable witch.
That will help her with her job of errr.....running a baby group/baby massage which is what she does according to LinkedIn.

Oh and her Instagram is beyond cringe. Like I'm disappearing into my vag I've cringed so hard

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I nearly did a typical MN just now… and then I remembered I was banned! I was just looking on active and saw someone whinging about vets bills (didn’t open it but er hello - insurance?!). I had to get my 16 year old kitty put to sleep today and to say I’m bleeping devastated is an understatement - felt like going on and pointing out how lucky they are to have vets bills to pay! (Although so do I now as not covered for today)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Sorry about your cat Noddy. It's so hard to lose a loved pet

head dog ate a hot cross bun last week and the vet treatment was £185. Only £15 more than our excess. But if he had needed more treatment or an overnight stay then we knew we were covered for it. My sister's dog had some sort of ligament operation which cost £8k. Had she put aside the insurance money into a bank account to cover his treatment...no. and even if she had it wouldn't have covered the cost anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There's a thread about 'What is you favourite filthy food'. Lots of chip and sugar butties and super noodle sandwiches ..then 'I like a crisp white baguette (or something) with butter'. erm...

• Haha
I nearly did a typical MN just now… and then I remembered I was banned! I was just looking on active and saw someone whinging about vets bills (didn’t open it but er hello - insurance?!). I had to get my 16 year old kitty put to sleep today and to say I’m bleeping devastated is an understatement - felt like going on and pointing out how lucky they are to have vets bills to pay! (Although so do I now as not covered for today)
Oh Noddy, you poor love, saying goodbye to a much loved pet is so bloody hard. Lots of love to you xxx

• Heart
firstly, i hope this isn't too outing: my husband's hobby is buying records. he is size french, i am size american. i'm not sure if that makes us good or bad.
When i say he can give up his hobby now because he has literally ALL the music and the shelves are collapsing under the weight of them, he responds by saying what we need is bigger shelves.
he is a fast eater, too. shall i start getting my

and secondly: who is spending £1,700 on a sack dress for a first date?
Sounds exactly like my husband and his fecking comics! Even the (small) children have told him he has enough now! :p

• Haha
I should put I've just tested highly likely for Coeliac and would LOVE a pot noddle sandwich. <sniff> How dare they
---
Which I have :(

• Sad
Sorry this is it.... 'Fresh crusty bread and salted butter.' Rebel!
Fresh crusty bread, salted butter, half a pound of mature cheddar and a jar of chilli relish, and I might just consider that as a reasonable supper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh I am sorry about your kitty Noddy. It’s hard losing a fur person…

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.