Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shouldn’t that read does a really manly hobby (think - kite surfing, but it’s not) 😂
I should have put 'think flying a kite only much more manly and energetic and done at the seaside on a windy day' :D

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If I was flying a kite on a beach today, I would take off and be in France just in time to eat some french delicacies.
As it is, I don't live anywhere near a beach, nor does the ' usband own a kite, so I'll have to get stuck into a box of french fancies instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My ex husband had very outing hobbies: think gliding and sailing. Sailing was fine, I loved it, but gliding, the best bit was driving the tow car. And he built kit cars. Thank goodness he eventually got bored with me and traded me in for a younger model. She got the house renovation years.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My ex husband had very outing hobbies: think gliding and sailing. Sailing was fine, I loved it, but gliding, the best bit was driving the tow car. And he built kit cars. Thank goodness he eventually got bored with me and traded me in for a younger model. She got the house renovation years.
Husband goes kite surfing, I prefer the more genteel paddle-boarding, but only in the summer on a hot sunny day, in a bikini, not a wet suit. Kite surfing is too strenuous for a delicate little flower like me (and I'm too scared of being blown out to sea and ending up having to be rescued by the coastguards). There was a woman here who got blown out to sea whilst asleep on an inflatable unicorn a few years ago. She had to be rescued, and not only did she have the humiliation of her picture being on the front page of the local paper, she had to pay for the lifeboat. Lads, I'm not being mean, but I don't think she was a mumsnetter. She wasn't size French and she was very drunk. I tinkly laughed my socks off at seeing her being towed back to shore.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Husband goes kite surfing, I prefer the more genteel paddle-boarding, but only in the summer on a hot sunny day, in a bikini, not a wet suit. Kite surfing is too strenuous for a delicate little flower like me (and I'm too scared of being blown out to sea and ending up having to be rescued by the coastguards). There was a woman here who got blown out to sea whilst asleep on an inflatable unicorn a few years ago. She had to be rescued, and not only did she have the humiliation of her picture being on the front page of the local paper, she had to pay for the lifeboat. Lads, I'm not being mean, but I don't think she was a mumsnetter. She wasn't size French and she was very drunk. I tinkly laughed my socks off at seeing her being towed back to shore.
Omg poor lady…something like this is my nightmare but I’d have laughed my arse off too if I saw it unfolding 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have never ever seen half marathon abbreviated like that before. And I’ve run and supported more half marathons than I can count.
I had no idea what it meant but that’s cos I’m not size French and don’t run

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There's a thread on AIBU called to wish I had never had children and it actually makes me feel really sad for the OP. She is obviously quite ground down and she just wishes that she hadn't had them, to spare them from how awful she feels life is. I really hope she feels better soon and I hope she can find some joy in life, because it just seems so bleak.

However, don't despair my fellow ugly, povvo lardbuckets, this poster thinks that some of us deserve to feel happy too 😂 I guess it does depend on how hideous, fat and poor you are though. Still, it's a positive I guess?

Untitled.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
⬆ Aw bless her, you just know she's skint, in a crappy job, and looks like the back end of a hippo just after it has had a tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Some suggestions on a thread asking what to wear for relaxed dinner and drinks on a first date

1712671189251.png

1712671235978.png

1712671267628.png

1712671353553.png

---
It got a bit bitchy as usual, and then a man felt the need to come along and tell op to wear close fitting clothes, then gave his weird anecdote about leather causing havoc

1712671666379.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh no, The Man has spoken.
That'll get em frothing, and not at the gusset.
That's just reminded me there was a window of time where they were all bragging about saying "Thank you random man" to any many who dared to say anything to them. About as withering as "Did you mean to be so rude?"

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Some suggestions on a thread asking what to wear for relaxed dinner and drinks on a first date

View attachment 2865393

View attachment 2865394
View attachment 2865395
View attachment 2865397
---
It got a bit bitchy as usual, and then a man felt the need to come along and tell op to wear close fitting clothes, then gave his weird anecdote about leather causing havoc

View attachment 2865406
Oh God he's an overweight and jowly middle manager called Gavin who thinks a couple of pissed theme nights at uni 30 odd years ago make him cool and wild forever. Can't you just tell? Ooh, I hinted that I once had a partner who wore leather, aren't I so risqué? duck off back to Gardeners World, Gavin.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh God he's an overweight and jowly middle manager called Gavin who thinks a couple of pissed theme nights at uni 30 odd years ago make him cool and wild forever. Can't you just tell? Ooh, I hinted that I once had a partner who wore leather, aren't I so risqué? duck off back to Gardeners World, Gavin.
Now now, Gavin likes to hang around the women's health board so he can give those ladies opinions on pictures of their vertical bacon sandwich, that they like to post up to see if it is normal. He's doing a public service!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I may or may not have posted this in a few threads on MN over the years.
Only at men who declare "Man here" and then go on to make it clear that their post is the ultimate authority on this topic, whatever it may be, due to him having a trouser snake.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I may or may not have posted this in a few threads on MN over the years.
Only at men who declare "Man here" and then go on to make it clear that their post is the ultimate authority on this topic, whatever it may be, due to him having a trouser snake.
I've seen you! My heroine!

Reactions: 10

View attachment 2865393

View attachment 2865394
View attachment 2865395
View attachment 2865397
---

View attachment 2865406
Did the person asking for suggestions say that they had ugly knees or the calves of an olympic shotputter? I'm just slightly baffled by the long shapeless sacks suggested otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.