Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh God he's an overweight and jowly middle manager called Gavin who thinks a couple of pissed theme nights at uni 30 odd years ago make him cool and wild forever. Can't you just tell? Ooh, I hinted that I once had a partner who wore leather, aren't I so risqué? duck off back to Gardeners World, Gavin.
He once went to Rocky Horror, didn’t he?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Did the person asking for suggestions say that they had ugly knees or the calves of an olympic shotputter? I'm just slightly baffled by the long shapeless sacks suggested otherwise
She said she was a size 16 hourglass. That shapeless pink sack is just about the worst thing anyone any hourglass of any size could wear.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Did the person asking for suggestions say that they had ugly knees or the calves of an olympic shotputter? I'm just slightly baffled by the long shapeless sacks suggested otherwise
And did they also say that spending £1700 on a pink nightdress ain’t no thing?
---
He once went to Rocky Horror, didn’t he?
In the suit he wore when he was best man at his brother’s wedding. Stuck a pair of specs on and said he was Brad.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She's only 35?! She looks much older! 🙈🤣
I really hope that article is a pisstake and the woman pictured is onboard with it. Otherwise the Daily Mail are being really mean, sharing her unflattering photos and boastful views with the general public. She's already being torn to shreds in the comments section. She's not even size French, poor love.

Reactions: 18
firstly, i hope this isn't too outing: my husband's hobby is buying records. he is size french, i am size american. i'm not sure if that makes us good or bad.
When i say he can give up his hobby now because he has literally ALL the music and the shelves are collapsing under the weight of them, he responds by saying what we need is bigger shelves.
he is a fast eater, too. shall i start getting my

and secondly: who is spending £1,700 on a sack dress for a first date?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If I had £1700 to spend on clothes for a first date, I'd be buying the entire outfit, including shoes, bag, haircut, spray tan, full face of slap and professional manicure. And I wouldn't wear leather, imagine the havoc that would cause :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
i would not be that invested in a first date ever.
haircut, manicure, wax, eyebrows are a standard for me, otherwise a first date could take me as they find me.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
First date? Just let me delve into the dark recesses of my mind.
Oh yes, first date with the 'usband, I probably looked a complete pillock with massive hair and shoulder pads like an American footballer, being as it was the early eighties.
If I was going on a first date nowadays, it would be a comb through the hair and a tena lady.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
"Claims other parents judge her at baby groups and aren't friendly towards her" - because she's got a serious superiority complex and is an unapproachable witch.
Samantha Brick can't even pretend any more...they had to find another one.

• Haha
If I had £1700 to spend on clothes for a first date, I'd be buying the entire outfit, including shoes, bag, haircut, spray tan, full face of slap and professional manicure. And I wouldn't wear leather, imagine the havoc that would cause :sick: :sick: :sick:
Like that episode of Friends where Ross wears leather trousers on a date. (Showing my age there)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
First date? Just let me delve into the dark recesses of my mind.
Oh yes, first date with the 'usband, I probably looked a complete pillock with massive hair and shoulder pads like an American footballer, being as it was the early eighties.
If I was going on a first date nowadays, it would be a comb through the hair and a tena lady.
Wouldn't you rather wear pee pants like the lady in the advert, who ends up sitting on some unsuspecting guy's shoulders at a gig, with her full to the brim pee pants on? That advert makes me cringe. If you're pissing yourself on a regular basis, go and see a doctor, don't buy expensive adult nappies.
You means everyone and anyone, not specifically you @Technobiff

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Every time I see this I think it must be a mumsnet meet up. What’s do you reckon the colloquial term is? A witch of mumsnetters? A quiver? A rudeness?
A horror show of mumsnetters
A nastiness of mumsnetters
An unpleasantness of mumsnetters
An unkindness of mumsnetters

• Haha
Wouldn't you rather wear pee pants like the lady in the advert, who ends up sitting on some unsuspecting guy's shoulders at a gig, with her full to the brim pee pants on? That advert makes me cringe. If you're pissing yourself on a regular basis, go and see a doctor, don't buy expensive adult nappies.
You means everyone and anyone, not specifically you @Technobiff
God the bulky pee pants lady seriously pisses me off! I have never ever had a conversation like that in my life, and I never intend to. Who came up with that load of old piss??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.