Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That massive lasagne must be feeding all the under 10s who are taller than me and therefore do not need car seats.

I actually took my son and two of his friends (all 9 and 10) out in the car the other day. One is the tallest in his year so I had him sit in the front. There ensued a conversation about the smallest of the group being allowed to sit in the front on the way back and the largest lad saying no offence but the seat belt won’t sit right and you are much safer on the booster in the back. I was impressed both by his knowledge of car safety and the ‘no offence’ disclaimer was very tactful for 9/10 year old lads. Disclaimer: he then proceeded to fart in the venue so still has a little growing up to do.

Not one of their classmates (or the younger classes) is the same height as a small adult and I’m using myself as the measuring stick there! Must be because we are in the North and there is no sun and we live down the mine and we definitely can’t get hold of secret ingredients like basil 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So far we have a collector of comics, a collector of vinyl and a kite surfing DH - lads, I think we've outed ourselves completely.
Why are mumsnetters so scared of outing themselves via their husbands various hobbies? They don't mind bragging about what private school they're sending little Percival, Persephone and Quentin to, or what upper-class black tie event they've been invited to, or where their favourite bespoke fashion designer hangs out. They're not scared of drawing complicated diagrams of various parking dilemmas or taking selfies in identifiable bedrooms.

However, as someone so succinctly pointed out on the Tattle thread over there, Mumsnetters aren't just one person. Hmmm, they do have a hive mind though :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Daily Mail’s most beautiful girl in the world can’t be a mumsnetter - she describes herself as ‘bubbly’

*snigger*

Mind you, plenty over there consider sister dresses stylish for an hourglass so…
---
That pink dress looks like a phallic blancmange 😂
Covers the Ektorp 3-seater.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My DH collects Pokemon cards the sad bastard. Almost wish he was a cyclist.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
My DH collects Pokemon cards the sad bastard. Almost wish he was a cyclist.
A man should never wear lycra. I know that's sexist and I'm sure the reason for skin tight neon clothing is something to do with the efficiency of cycling or something, but it's just wrong. I cycle my old lady bike (with a basket for the dog on the front) along the prom to work and regularly encounter yellow spectacle wearing lycra clad skinny men, who either zoom past me or head towards me, making me move out of the way. They throw their empty sachets of energy gel onto the floor. A friend of mine got knocked down by one and he didn't even stop. It's a shared walkway and cycle path. I don't like men who cycle as a hobby. Not the ones who cycle near me anyway. Cunts, they are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I have never ever seen half marathon abbreviated like that before. And I’ve run and supported more half marathons than I can count.
Surely a half marathon should be a "mara" not a "mar". Or a "thon", I suppose.
It's just arithmetically incorrect.

(This post was sponsored by Geeks-R-Us)

Edit: the embarrassment! I thought I'd caught up on posts and now realised I'm joining a conversation from hours ago <blush>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hmm, can't say as the ' usband collects anything apart from crumbs and doesn't have any hobbies apart from beer and footy.
The crumby boring bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Surely a half marathon should be a "mara" not a "mar". Or a "thon", I suppose.
It's just arithmetically incorrect.

(This post was sponsored by Geeks-R-Us)

Edit: the embarrassment! I thought I'd caught up on posts and now realised I'm joining a conversation from hours ago <blush>
I do that all the time, it's fine. But it reminds me of the MN thing where some twit comes into a conversation that's been silent for 7 hours, or picks up a flame war that finished five pages ago, to tell everyone to calm down.

Then you tell them the argument is over and their contribution is unnecessary and they start losing their tit. That's funny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I nearly did a typical MN just now… and then I remembered I was banned! I was just looking on active and saw someone whinging about vets bills (didn’t open it but er hello - insurance?!). I had to get my 16 year old kitty put to sleep today and to say I’m bleeping devastated is an understatement - felt like going on and pointing out how lucky they are to have vets bills to pay! (Although so do I now as not covered for today)
I had to have my lovely old boy pts a couple of weeks ago and I'm grieving hard so you have my sympathy. It's the hardest thing even if it's the right thing. He was the best cat in the world, ever and we totally loved each other. xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
A man should never wear lycra. I know that's sexist and I'm sure the reason for skin tight neon clothing is something to do with the efficiency of cycling or something, but it's just wrong. I cycle my old lady bike (with a basket for the dog on the front) along the prom to work and regularly encounter yellow spectacle wearing lycra clad skinny men, who either zoom past me or head towards me, making me move out of the way. They throw their empty sachets of energy gel onto the floor. A friend of mine got knocked down by one and he didn't even stop. It's a shared walkway and cycle path. I don't like men who cycle as a hobby. Not the ones who cycle near me anyway. Cunts, they are.
Hard agree.

And they cycle past my house at 7am on a Saturday morning in a big group all shouting a conversation at each other and wake me up, noisy bastards.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I nearly did a typical MN just now… and then I remembered I was banned! I was just looking on active and saw someone whinging about vets bills (didn’t open it but er hello - insurance?!). I had to get my 16 year old kitty put to sleep today and to say I’m bleeping devastated is an understatement - felt like going on and pointing out how lucky they are to have vets bills to pay! (Although so do I now as not covered for today)
Big hug xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had to have my lovely old boy pts a couple of weeks ago and I'm grieving hard so you have my sympathy. It's the hardest thing even if it's the right thing. He was the best cat in the world, ever and we totally loved each other. xx
I've only lost a couple of cats in the last 20 years, but bleeping hell it really hurts

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
We had Psycho Sootie (my profile pic) PTS in early December last year. Still got 2 others (same age/older) but my god I miss him still... the cuddliest cat ever until his psycho side came out, bless him

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Hard agree.

And they cycle past my house at 7am on a Saturday morning in a big group all shouting a conversation at each other and wake me up, noisy bastards.
I get so cross with men in Lycra out on their bikes at the weekend imagining their wives at home with the kids and there’s probably a list of jobs they should be doing instead

(I mean obviously they are allowed some downtime but still)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You want an outing hobby?
im married to Boba Fett and am a genuine, 501st approved, stormtrooper. None of this cycling tit for me. Ohh no.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.