Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been reading What age would you put this child at? in AIBU. I think the OP was hoping for people to say her child is obviously gifted and talented for her age, but no, Mumsnetters' children are all fluent in French and Latin and can write in cursive font since they were 2. One poster has even dared to suggest the handwriting sample may have been written by an adult pretending to be a 5yo.

My 4yo has beautiful handwriting, he has just had his second 100,000 word novel accepted for publishing, and is currently enjoying the works of Hemingway, Dickens and Chaucer.

Really though, he's playing Jurassic Park very noisily with his mate whilst DH is watching Arsenal play Brighton

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Only a MNer could be upset about a Christmas gift 5 years after the event!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm sobbing and shaking and on hold to 101 as I type. Some scamming wanker has ordered a £800 Apple watch using my Very account. I can't talk to anyone in real life as I am NC with everyone and live rurally.

Back in the real world, I got an email thanking me for my order, so I immediately rang their fraud line, the order was cancelled, I've changed all my passwords everywhere, run a malware scan on my laptop and phone and now I'm having a cuppa. The scamming wanker, let's call him Kevin, had also placed orders for another 3 Apple watches, a couple of high end tablets and cameras and a shitload of jewellery, all pending and not despatched. Very had been trying to call me about all these orders but I never answer if I don't recognise the number.

If any of you have a Very account, it might be worth checking for activity. Apparently Kevin also placed a £6.50 order for a novelty Christmas jumper which has been delivered to somewhere in Colchester :eek: Fraud team man said that's how these scammers work. Tattlers, I wouldn't mind, but the jumper was in a size 18.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
We need to talk about Kevin. He’s obviously the greedy husband who “scoffs” all the “posh chocs” that MNers get on their birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sorry Serena, I'm not laughing at your predicament, merely the size 18 xmas jumper. How bloody dare they? What would the coroner say?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
A size 18 jumper? How did someone so debilitatingly obese even manage to get close enough to their laptop to make the order?!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Sorry Serena, I'm not laughing at your predicament, merely the size 18 xmas jumper. How bloody dare they? What would the coroner say?
A size 18 jumper? How did someone so debilitatingly obese even manage to get close enough to their laptop to make the order?!
I am mortally offended that the Fraud team failed to recognise that I would NEVER order a jumper in that size. I could make a winter blanket for the whole family out of the wool. I have asked the Fraud team to put a marker on my account to advise people I am size French and if any fatty tries to order gigantic, enormous, hefty, colossal, immense, plus size clothing under my name, they are to summon the rozzers stat.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I detest people who do that ; use their kids as weapons
My SiL is doing this to my brother at the moment and it’s tearing him apart. He had an affair 2 years ago which has ended their marriage. He’s still with the girl.
him and his wife had been together since early teens. Think: nearly 35 years together. They had a child when they were 17, and another when they were almost 40!!
I’ve pretty much been on my SiL’s ‘side’ throughout and my brother has maintained a relationship with the littl’un the whole time. Taking them on holiday, going to the house and bathing them at night. Being present at parents evenings, sport events, religious events, etc.
all ok.
now it’s coming to splitting the finances and she’s not happy and hasn’t allowed my brother to have any contact with the wee one for 2m now. My brother is devastated and I along with other members of the family who have been totally supportive of her throughout, have lost a lot of respect for her. It’s awful what she’s doing.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
But are you also wearing Stan Smiths and a crossbody Uniqlo bag?
I thought it was Veja and Pom Pom London that was height of Mumsnet style or is that over now. I'm wearing fat person jeans and a seasalt shirt so I jave absolutely no idea what the Mavens of Mumsnet S&B like these days. I do know that I hate almost all of the bags on the Trumpets and Benches thread. Not because I'm jealous but because the bags are all expensively ugly

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.