Mumsnet #19 starting fights in empty rooms since 2000.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs there are posters in this thread saying:

- The OP is just as bad as her husband

- There's nothing wrong with what the husband said.

They have GOT to be trolling.
Someone has said “is this not just banter” and the reply was something along the lines of “you think SA is funny do you?

@dunhill many arm links and loves from the CoffeeFam. Sending virtual cotton dresses and reviving snacks ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm just kind of WTF after scrolling through the What are you Wearing Summer 2023 thread. There's one older lady that appears to live in a hostel (or something going by the filthy mirror she poses in front of) and wears clothes that make me look like a supermodel o_O. However, she poses often, wearing these damn awful clothes. She states that she's a size 8, yet everyone can see that she isn't. I don't know why, but I feel SO sorry for her in her delusions. Just want to go and give her a hug and ask if she's getting any help.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm just kind of WTF after scrolling through the What are you Wearing Summer 2023 thread. There's one older lady that appears to live in a hostel (or something going by the filthy mirror she poses in front of) and wears clothes that make me look like a supermodel o_O. However, she poses often, wearing these damn awful clothes. She states that she's a size 8, yet everyone can see that she isn't. I don't know why, but I feel SO sorry for her in her delusions. Just want to go and give her a hug and ask if she's getting any help.
True she wears stuff that a charity shop wouldn’t want but I don’t think she sees anything odd in this. She doesn’t seem to possess an iron and I guess she honestly thinks she looks fine. Strangely enough she seems to wear a lot of branded items and seems to be a big fan of Sezane which isn’t cheap. I think she’s ok. Lives in a fairly large house in an expensive town, has a husband and her son has a chain of delis, he’s just opened a new one. I know she has a daughter who is disabled in some way. Not sure what but seems to spend all her time in bed so poster does a lot of caring for her. She’s an odd one for sure. Said a while back she doesn’t wash her clothes very often as they don’t need it. She can get 20 wears out of a pair of jeans. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Hands up…. Which one of you naughties started this thread…..
That’s the third time I’ve seen that post on there! Some trolls are really odd, they must have a note saved with the post on because it’s the same every time with the same spelling mistakes but the ending slightly changed every time. Is it some kind of code?! Why would you bother 🫤 it’s always taken down so fast as well so they’re not even getting the entertainment of a long running thread!

Reactions: 12
I wish I understood how to follow threads on mumsnet, I seriously don't know how to! On here it so easy and I get told when a new post is made but over there I cannot work it out! Makes me feel much older than I am

I really want to comment on this post to say don’t know how you found Boris attractive in the first place Carrie and I am sorry but you are right, Wilf will go the same way

IMG_1302.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I really want to comment on this post to say don’t know how you found Boris attractive in the first place Carrie and I am sorry but you are right, Wilf will go the same way

View attachment 2299849

Yet another Mumsnet winner. Dregsnet more like…full of utter, utter twats. I honestly can’t stand it now which is a shame because it WAS good until 3/4 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm really curious to know how a body shape could be outing!? Unless you're married to Mike from Monsters Inc you could be talking about anyone

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm really curious to know how a body shape could be outing!? Unless you're married to Mike from Monsters Inc you could be talking about anyone
I’m thinking he’s one of those men who have huge heads, shoulders and chests with tiny bums and spindly legs - like Simon Cowell. Looks fine sitting behind a desk but faintly ridiculous standing up.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Am thoroughly enjoying the egg and chips thread, although of course, there are some utterly peak-MN posts spoiling the joy

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 08.18.58.png

:rolleyes:

I could maybe excuse the side salad, but egg and chips with peas, carrots and/or broccoli? duck off. Why don't bother at all. Although to be fair, does poached eggs with oven chips even count as egg and chips. Not to my mind.

-----

@dunhill you sound like an amazing woman who will take this lumpectomy in her stride, and us Tattlers will be doing our sisterly arm link with you on your way. Cancer is a bastard, but it isn't life limiting in every case. One of my sisters had breast cancer in her 20's, she's 15 years cancer free now, treated with surgery and localised radiotherapy.

You can buy arm warmers from Amazon, they're not expensive, and you can accessorise them with your dress :)
Am so glad your sister has come out the other side.

It's more false bravado, but thank you - I will make a mental note that you think I'm amazing and will remind myself. Often!

Getting cancer is tit, but as yourself know, breast cancer is hugely researched, a path well-trodden by many, and not the death sentence it once way, so am mostly annoyed about the inconvenience of this all. To quote my new spirit animal Samantha Jones: 'I love my breasts. They're fabulous.' Am really gutted I spent most of my adult life covering them up, being appropriate and dignified. Sigh.

Really don't want to make this thread about me and am thankful it's almost at its end, but wanted to say thank you all again. Am currently trying to enjoy the quiet before the storm. Am waiting for surgery to be scheduled, so am using this time to get my house in order, literally, as well as buy what I need for the road ahead. Have added aloe vera to list, and will check out those arm warmers on Amazon.

Thank you all again ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m thinking he’s one of those men who have huge heads, shoulders and chests with tiny bums and spindly legs - like Simon Cowell. Looks fine sitting behind a desk but faintly ridiculous standing up.
Maybe it's Simon Cowell she's married to. Hence the massively outing body shape.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Am thoroughly enjoying the egg and chips thread, although of course, there are some utterly peak-MN posts spoiling the joy

View attachment 2299870

:rolleyes:

I could maybe excuse the side salad, but egg and chips with peas, carrots and/or broccoli? duck off. Why don't bother at all. Although to be fair, does poached eggs with oven chips even count as egg and chips. Not to my mind.
“eggs poached in water”. Now I’m no chef but wtf else would you poach them in?

mumsnetters have a way of making completely normal things sound like they’re doing something extraordinary.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.