Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s still there. I’m one of those people who is irritated by “staycation” being used for a vacation in the same country you live in. To me it’s always been a vacation at home. Time off work and days out in the local area. But I live in a much bigger country. I could fly 6 hours and still be in the same country but in a completely different climate and landscape. When you live in Florida and you go to Montana. Arizona or even Alaska it’s most definitely a vacation. I wouldn’t call that a staycation.
I love exploring different regions of the UK, where I live , different restaurants etc. We aren't fussed about hot beaches, or flying ; been there - done that. Been all over. A holiday is a holiday ! Give me 2 a year ! Lol 😃😃

Reactions: 1
@VC10 don't tell me you like holidays! 😆

@bread-pitt after lockdown 1 and when restrictions slowly started lifting here and there the UK press started talking about staycation holidays for being in the same country. Frankly, half our government ignored guidelines anyway! Yes we are a piddly little country though, Oz and US people say it's so small

Reactions: 3
Is that the one where Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet both DIE? If so, couldnt have happened to my least favourite actresses
I once explained to someone that considering the number of films where GP bites it (Contagion, Se7en, Sliding Doors, Sylvia, Country Strong…), i am obviously NOT the only who feels this way.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m going to be awfully un-MN and admit that I LOVE America and would love to live there, ideally on the east coast/Virginia.

Lucky you @Bread Pitt!

Imagine posting that on MN. I feel tired at the thought 🔫

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is that one still up? I started reading it, felt sorry for the OP with all the nitpicking about what a staycation was but went to listen to updates on Constance Marten trial and now can't find it
Perhaps someone suggested combining their staycation with an alcoholiday and now they’re all too busy shaking and crying and judging to continue posting?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m going to be awfully un-MN and admit that I LOVE America and would love to live there, ideally on the east coast/Virginia.

Lucky you @Bread Pitt!

Imagine posting that on MN. I feel tired at the thought 🔫
I love America too. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve been over on holiday. It helps having family there.

Reactions: 4
Is it still a staycation if you rent a £10k Airbnb in Cornwall and drive there in your Tesla?

Or are “staycations” only for butlins in Skegness?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Where’s @CrimsonCountess? We need a new thread NOW or I’ll log it with 111 and write to my MP and sob and shake and curl into a survival ball as I hug my baby tighter.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah Crimson, I've been hiding behind my sofa since last night waiting for a new thread. If I die here I hope you have a good excuse for the Dcoroner, get your tit hot lawyer on retainer cos you are going to need it *huge shivery sobs*

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My anxiety can't take much more waiting for a new thread.
I'll be hyperventilating into a balloon while shaking and sobbing behind the sofa.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.