Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We must have run across each others there, I was active then! And did all of that!
It’s really mostly genetic, I had hair long enough to sit on at one point while washing daily,which according toothed is impossible. It was healthy and shiny, just tiresome to deal with, especially with all the rather experimental treatments. Now it’s shorter, with standard shampoo and conditioner and still mostly healthy and I even use the scary hair dryer daily….
Omg we must!! Naww 🥺 Ahh the heat is one thing that I can't let go of haha, I still haven't used a hairdryer in years unless it's once in a blue moon 🙈 Mine's at my waist but I'm short so it doesn't count lol, I do sod all with it, so it's a bit blah. I've booked in for a haircut though, first one since Covid 🤣 I'm sure I'd have been jealous of yours back in the day!
---
I'm a curly so I'm all about the co washing, but I bet it would work brilliantly for other hair types. It's good for dry and oily hair, since it doesn't strip the hair of natural oils to exacerbate dryness or prompt overproduction of oil to compensate. You have to experiment a bit to find the right products for you but I think it would work well for almost anyone.
Oh nooo I'm gonna be experimenting with co washing now aren't I? 😂 I feel like I've got dry and oily hair (i love a hot shower). Idk if you can private message on here but if you can I'd love any tips! 🥰
---
😭 poor ND, can dish it out but can't take it
View attachment 2572352
Of course it was complimented daily 🙄

I also love the jumper... 😬 how many of you am I fighting on Vinted? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm gobsmacked by the 'Unsure what to wear to party' thread in S&B. The OP has chosen a dress from Primark, oops, I mean MyTheresa for nearly £4k.:eek:

My car cost less than that.

However, if you're that rich, then surely you wouldn't need people's opinions on whether the dress is suitable or not? FWIW the dress is quite pretty, but for a one off - it's not really something you could wear again and again - it seems a lot of money. If I was going to buy a gold sparkly dress I'd go for the cheapest and most flattering option (yes, probably from Primark) knowing I'd only wear it once.
Most shocking part of that threads is she said she’s a 10/12 so quite slim - I mean by MN standard the OP should be getting herself on “My 600lb Life”

A size 8 snd being French is the only acceptable standard.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh nooo I'm gonna be experimenting with co washing now aren't I? 😂 I feel like I've got dry and oily hair (i love a hot shower). Idk if you can private message on here but if you can I'd love any tips! 🥰
---
I'd love to help you out but I can't actually see any way to PM you. Is there another section of Tattle where we could start a thread about it? Sorry, I'm pretty new and can't seem to find a "lifestyle" or whatever area.

It's NatashaDancing.
No no, if it was ND the post would end with "Since returning to these shores I feel my eyes have been opened to the beauty of simple functionality and structure. I now clothe myself exclusively in pieces which are inspired by this primitivism and push the envelope far past the bounds of mere fashion, elevating clothing to more than simple fabric and into the realm of art. But whenever I bless the S&B boards with the wisdom gained during my idyll with the savages of Borneo, I am met with derision for suggesting "monstrosities", AIBU?"

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Omg we must!! Naww 🥺 Ahh the heat is one thing that I can't let go of haha, I still haven't used a hairdryer in years unless it's once in a blue moon 🙈 Mine's at my waist but I'm short so it doesn't count lol, I do sod all with it, so it's a bit blah. I've booked in for a haircut though, first one since Covid 🤣 I'm sure I'd have been jealous of yours back in the day!
---

---

Of course it was complimented daily 🙄

I also love the jumper... 😬 how many of you am I fighting on Vinted? 🤣
By a ticket inspector no less. All of whom are famous for their sartorial elegance.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
By a ticket inspector no less. All of whom are famous for their sartorial elegance.
I just can't believe the post is her. The name is a joke, the ticket inspector, the shop assistant in Waitrose. I think it's someone taking the piss, but trying to pitch it so that they don't get banned or deleted.

Reactions: 6
A lot of fuss over there about what to wear for Christmas parties, which is surprising as they're all usually hiding behind the sofa.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone read 'does anyone want to be friends' in chat

duck me how gullible are people:LOL: all messaging each other, swapping numbers, starting a group chat. They could be anyone! It's probably weird men

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Most shocking part of that threads is she said she’s a 10/12 so quite slim - I mean by MN standard the OP should be getting herself on “My 600lb Life”

A size 8 snd being French is the only acceptable standard.
They're so weird though as there was someone posted about being 30 stone (I think that's what they meant) and yet people were praising them but in other threads they tear heavier people apart? Make it make sense!

A lot of fuss over there about what to wear for Christmas parties, which is surprising as they're all usually hiding behind the sofa.
If their parties are like any of the ones I go to, then no-one will take a blind bit of notice of what they are wearing unless it's absolutely horrific. There will be people in sparkly gold dresses, red velvet off the shoulder numbers, black strappy outfits with sequins etc etc. Some people will make a huge effort and others (me) not so much. The only time I heard anyone comment was when a woman rocked up wearing a leather corset dress with a dog collar, she was a bit chubby and her boobs overflowed from it, but it still looked good in a sort of wow, she's brave way. The reason people commented was because she was notoriously shy at work - obviously not so shy in her free time :D

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They're so weird though as there was someone posted about being 30 stone (I think that's what they meant) and yet people were praising them but in other threads they tear heavier people apart? Make it make sense!
I was thinking this too, the one called 'embarrassed to tell anyone in real life my major achievement'. Is that the one you mean? Because I was reading it thinking exactly the same. Most of the time people get ripped apart on there. Although I think the OP was saying they got to a bmi of 30, not 30 stone

They are generally kind to super obese people and offer genuine advice on how to follow a low calorie diet and lose weight. But if someone is a size 14 - 16, then they are greedy and have a problematic relationship with food.

Reactions: 6
No no, if it was ND the post would end with "Since returning to these shores I feel my eyes have been opened to the beauty of simple functionality and structure. I now clothe myself exclusively in pieces which are inspired by this primitivism and push the envelope far past the bounds of mere fashion, elevating clothing to more than simple fabric and into the realm of art. But whenever I bless the S&B boards with the wisdom gained during my idyll with the savages of Borneo, I am met with derision for suggesting "monstrosities", AIBU?"
Too close to just be a ND impersonator.
Are you ACTUALLY ND??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was thinking this too, the one called 'embarrassed to tell anyone in real life my major achievement'. Is that the one you mean? Because I was reading it thinking exactly the same. Most of the time people get ripped apart on there. Although I think the OP was saying they got to a bmi of 30, not 30 stone
Yes, that's the one. BMI of 30 would make more sense! I have misread it 🥴 😂

We've been given a special mention again:LOL:And I don't know what they mean about swearing. Tattle is bleeping full of swearing isn't it? What the duck are they on about, talking tit again

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We've been given a special mention again:LOL:And I don't know what they mean about swearing. Tattle is bleeping full of swearing isn't it? What the duck are they on about, talking tit again
I think if you aren’t logged on, so not a member and just viewing the threads then the swearing is censored. Log on and it’s there in all its sweary glory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

If you are not a Tattle member and just viewing, then all swears are replaced. I just logged out and took this image of your post.

No ducking swearing.png

For lurking Mumsnetters.

PG Rating.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.