Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhhhh of course. The poster with the “child with sepsis” is a previously banned poster and the thread is fake. MNHQ must have activated the one brain cell between them to work this one out.

Reactions: 15
What thread was that? I must have missed it. Did it start off with the child having sepsis straight away or develop into a long saga with multiple threads?

Reactions: 1
Why are they so nasty on MN, a poster has asked why her curtains don't look great ( she needs to hang them better and iron them) she's been told they are tit, cheap, should be touching the floor, she's in an abusive relationship.
Just horrible horrible people.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I swear at least half of the posters on MN these days are incels. No bleeping way are they getting codes to come here and start the same tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Why are they so nasty on MN, a poster has asked why her curtains don't look great ( she needs to hang them better and iron them) she's been told they are tit, cheap, should be touching the floor, she's in an abusive relationship.
Just horrible horrible people.
Oh I saw that. It was horrible. She was obviously excited for her new curtains (as much as curtains as exciting) and sad they didn't look as good as she hoped. And there were some absolute cunts replying.

There's also someone currently getting told what an appalling human she is because she asked her daughter to get her own plate out for her tea.

Reactions: 5
I swear at least half of the posters on MN these days are incels. No bleeping way are they getting codes to come here and start the same tit.
I agree. I do think there is a tit ton of incels/MRAs on there right now posing as women and although I can't generate codes yet, it's making me wary about them too. Once I can do it, I'm only going to give them to names I recognise from way way back and know to be decent. Sad for name changers but I really don't want all those angry men over here too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh I saw that. It was horrible. She was obviously excited for her new curtains (as much as curtains as exciting) and sad they didn't look as good as she hoped. And there were some absolute cunts replying.

There's also someone currently getting told what an appalling human she is because she asked her daughter to get her own plate out for her tea.
I couldn't believe a thread about curtains could be SO nasty! Thankfully, I did see at least one very nice person who advised her exactly how to gather and hang them correctly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They’re awful on Mumsnet. Someone will post about some issues they’re having with their child, people with experience will say “That really sounds like ADHD” and you’ll get dozens of posters screaming that people use neurodivergence as an excuse for EVERYTHING and maybe some kids are just lazy and useless.
I sometimes feel that some people are just looking to "label" their child. No one has a lazy child anymore. And then there's the ones asking if their 3 month old is Autistic based on normal behaviour for a 3 month old.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
The curtain thread was something!! If you don't have any advice for her then move on, but instead they decided to insult her, I have no idea why.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
The curtain thread was something!! If you don't have any advice for her then move on, but instead they decided to insult her, I have no idea why.
Normal people read a thread decide its not for them or they have nothing relevant to add. They leave it alone.
Mumsnetters go full on witch mode and rip the OP a new one just because they are miserable in their own lives.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.