Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going back to 2015/16 here when I worked in the uni canteen, we served rice as a daily thing. I asked one of the chefs about the risk and that, and he said you can onlty reheat rice once. So I've followed that since. If I reheat then don't eat what I've reheated, I have to get rid šŸ˜… then I see people on tiktok making huge portions of rice and keeping it in the fridge for days which I thought was a no no?
Iā€™ve lived 40+ years on this planet and never caught wind of any of this toxic rice business until today. Iā€™ve eaten countless cold, leftover Chinese take out without complaint. Has anyone here actually gotten sick from this?

Reactions: 9
Iā€™ve lived 40+ years on this planet and never caught wind of any of this toxic rice business until today. Iā€™ve eaten countless cold, leftover Chinese take out without complaint. Has anyone here actually gotten sick from this?
It's okay cold, it's only of you reheat it that the bacteria are activated.

Reactions: 3
OMG reheated rice can make you VERY sick and upset your stomach for years afterwards. If leftover rice is left out too long before putting in the fridge, bacteria can multiply at massive rates .

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We've been given a special mention again:LOL:And I don't know what they mean about swearing. Tattle is bleeping full of swearing isn't it? What the duck are they on about, talking tit again
Especially on the Alice bleeping Evans threads where each thread needs to reach a quota of Cunts.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's exactly why no one should give a code to those bleeps on Mumsnet if they're talking about wanting to join just to troll.
Mad, bad (and tedious to know) Alice Evans has been talking about getting a code too, via one of her sock puppet accounts or one of her flying monkeys.

Careful with those codes!

79592C23-FCCD-4F0F-BF8C-4133E6C75D13.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
From the how did you come to terms with getting older thread

View attachment 2575155

Ok, I am chartering a coach to take us all to gay Paris, so we can see what slovenly witches we are and get some inspiration from our Gallic cousins. I will be buying a string of onions, a couple of baguettes and some stripey t shirts

That could be a thread title

• Haha
I actually have, back in 2018, was so unwell I was in hospital on a drip. I used to be really blase about it but since then I haven't.

The key thing with rice is if you're going to reheat it or eat it the next day cold it needs to be cooled quickly - ie with plain rice rinsed under the cold tap straight away then put in the fridge, or with rice with other things mixed in put straight in the fridge once cooked. Otherwise bacteria form if it's left hanging around at room temperature, and they won't be killed even if you heat it til piping hot.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else ever get perplexed about the amount of ranting and backpatting over there regarding neurodivergent kids? (Ie ADHD/autism).

I have ADHD myself so am admittedly biased but get vaguely stunned by the amount of MN posts along the lines of ā€˜why canā€™t my child remember things when I tell them to/ Iā€™m such an amazing heroic parent for putting up with themā€™ etc etc.

On one occasion a few adult ADHDers patiently explained why constant punishment wouldnā€™t correct the memory problems and offered solutions which would work for ND kids, and they just kept repeating the same grievances in an echo chamber. Some seem to be more inclined to the gingerbread cottage option šŸ¤£
Brilliant new thread title suggestion. I'm not giving away any more codes. I've dished out four. My protƩgƩs are behaving so far but I can't keep an eye on another 4 newcomers. Besides which, Mumsnetters need to decide whether Tattle is a detestable or a desirable place to be.
I love the proteges comment šŸ˜†ā€¦.Perhaps we need a Mumsnet thread to support the guardians of Tattle newbiesā€¦šŸ¤”
---
Mad, bad (and tedious to know) Alice Evans has been talking about getting a code too, via one of her sock puppet accounts or one of her flying monkeys.

Careful with those codes!

View attachment 2575416
I wonder which thread sheā€™d like. It would be cool if it was something totally innocuous, like the Aldi vs Lidl special offers gangā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else ever get perplexed about the amount of ranting and backpatting over there regarding neurodivergent kids? (Ie ADHD/autism).
Theyā€™re awful on Mumsnet. Someone will post about some issues theyā€™re having with their child, people with experience will say ā€œThat really sounds like ADHDā€ and youā€™ll get dozens of posters screaming that people use neurodivergence as an excuse for EVERYTHING and maybe some kids are just lazy and useless.

• Heart
'How to have handled this man in tesco' comes across to me like it's written in exactly the same style as the poster of the inappropriate ambulance ride thread from yesterday šŸ¤Ø

Just something about the writing style, the language and the fact that they are complaining about another person again
I wonder if she was wondering about wandering?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Theyā€™re awful on Mumsnet. Someone will post about some issues theyā€™re having with their child, people with experience will say ā€œThat really sounds like ADHDā€ and youā€™ll get dozens of posters screaming that people use neurodivergence as an excuse for EVERYTHING and maybe some kids are just lazy and useless.
Oh man yes, thatā€™s so true. I was kinda tempted to copy-paste long verbose academic medical studies on the subject with MRI imaging just to be a sort of counter-troll, but the word limit couldnā€™t cope šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
The problem is Pip, you do duck all and your vetting/authentication/investigative process is laughably inadequate so you can't really blame posters for taking matters into their own hands when they see people replying in good faith to a blatant troll. Mumsnet deserves all the trolls it gets mind so I can't get too worked up about it...

IMG_8925.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My sons and husband are stuffed after I surprised them with a massive salad! Let me know if you'd like the recipe.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 4.36.07ā€ÆPM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Lol, mumsnet šŸ˜† sanctimonious hypocritenet šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

1/2 of them are jealous of Tattle and are desperate for a referral code to get on here šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

No chance šŸ˜Ž

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So if I write that I need to get my fucks in a row / activate the duck protocol, lurking mumsnetters will read something rather different?
---
The problem is Pip, you do duck all and your vetting/authentication/investigative process is laughably inadequate so you can't really blame posters for taking matters into their own hands when they see people replying in good faith to a blatant troll. Mumsnet deserves all the trolls it gets mind so I can't get too worked up about it...

View attachment 2575655
They're such pompous twats

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've have to be honest... I'm only here via MN and a Tattle code. I discovered Tattle because I started seeing posts over there slagging off this site and saying how awful it was so I assumed that it must be the polar opposite to MN. Of course it is and that's why I love it here and I've already posted here probably 10 times more than I've ever posted over on the dark side! Having said that I genuinely really enjoy a massive salad and always have done so I'm fully expecting to be kicked off here ASAP...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
'How to have handled this man in tesco' comes across to me like it's written in exactly the same style as the poster of the inappropriate ambulance ride thread from yesterday šŸ¤Ø

Just something about the writing style, the language and the fact that they are complaining about another person again
I think more often than not ā€œtrollā€ threads on MN are created by MN staffers. They need the traffic for revenue. It doesnā€™t matter to them how the traffic is generated.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I've have to be honest... I'm only here via MN and a Tattle code. I discovered Tattle because I started seeing posts over there slagging off this site and saying how awful it was so I assumed that it must be the polar opposite to MN. Of course it is and that's why I love it here and I've already posted here probably 10 times more than I've ever posted over on the dark side! Having said that I genuinely really enjoy a massive salad and always have done so I'm fully expecting to be kicked off here ASAP...
Nowt wrong with a massive salad, as long as it's served with a side of chunky salt and pepper chips and drowned in mayonnaise.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.