Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
" I saw some lovely Christmas cards earlier today, all glittery and really nicely made"

Within nanoseconds, a reply pops up ...... 😆😆😃....

" YOU MIGHT THINK THEM LOVELY BUT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF POOR INNOCENTS THAT HAVE HAD ALL THEIR CLOTHES BLOWN OFF THEM AND ARE BEI G FORCED TO TRAVEL ON FOOT WITH NO SHOES ON 15, 900 MILES TO AN ALTERNATIVE HOME WITH NO HOPE OF A JOB.
THOSE CARDS WERE PROBABLY MADE IN A CHINESE SWEAT-SHOP BY 9 YEAR OLD THAT SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL NOT THE WORKPLACE.
ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO , I BET, READ THE DAILY MAIL & VOTE CONSERVATIVE.
I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY ."

😆😆😆😆💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I highly recommend getting banned for called someone a p*edo if you want to stop spending your time on that cesspool Mumsnet. They will whack that ban hammer down before you’ve even had time to blink 😂 it’s ok to be a p*edo on there but it’s not ok to call it out 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Currently reading the pearl clutching in AIBU with the divorced woman who slept with her ex's brother and had a much better shag than with the ex. OMG, the disrespectful slag!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Currently reading the pearl clutching in AIBU with the divorced woman who slept with her ex's brother and had a much better shag than with the ex. OMG, the disrespectful slag!
Bloody good luck to her , that's what I say 😃😃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Bloody good luck to her , that's what I say 😃😃
The in-laws will apparently be Horrified and cut her off from support with her disabled Dear Son. It's Disrespectful to change brothers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The in-laws will apparently be Horrified and cut her off from support with her disabled Dear Son. It's Disrespectful to change brothers.
😃 it was never done in their day

Their net curtains must be revolving at 78rpm with the horror 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why why why do people start threads like 'how much to spend on a holiday?'
You just know there will be the ' we've spent £40k this year on a couple - of course we only go first class and have to take nanny', down to 'Well, I went camping in 1998 with dh and the kids and it cost us £4.50. No-one NEEDS a holiday'.
It's .....bonkers!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m spending £48 on a silver cabin (chalet?) at Butlins next week 😆 and I need that like a hole in the head to be honest. But my toddler is going to have the time of his life and we’re poor 😅

If I posted that on Mumsnet they’d probably say ‘is there NO way you could at least stretch to a chalet at the VERY back of the woods at Centre Parcs? It would be £475 but at least you’d not expose your child to crackheads and contract diphtheria from the restaurant’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
There are many many things that annoy me about MN, but the overuse of emojis that are used as punctuation as well as ending sentences with “haha” has got to be right up there

Reactions: 1
Why why why do people start threads like 'how much to spend on a holiday?'
You just know there will be the ' we've spent £40k this year on a couple - of course we only go first class and have to take nanny', down to 'Well, I went camping in 1998 with dh and the kids and it cost us £4.50. No-one NEEDS a holiday'.
It's .....bonkers!
The ultimate witch plop will be someone going into that thread and saying "well you should be glad to be able to spend anything on a holiday. I bet all the Palestinians and Ukrainians would love to be able to go on holiday but they just have to stay home and get bombed!11!!" or the classic "Both my parents have just spontaneously combusted while leaving the house to go on holiday, how insensitive to people like me with fiery parents who would love to go on holiday, I hope your tent blows away OP"

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It’s the ‘kindly’ that’s getting on my wick at the moment 😆

‘kindly OP, you’re being completely ridiculous.

‘KINDLY OP, might you be intellectually challenged?’

SAYING KINDLY DOES NOT NEGATE A bleep STATEMENT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s the ‘kindly’ that’s getting on my wick at the moment 😆

‘kindly OP, you’re being completely ridiculous.

‘KINDLY OP, might you be intellectually challenged?’

SAYING KINDLY DOES NOT NEGATE A bleep STATEMENT
Jarvis, please kindly duck off with this abominable slight on the Dposters of MN. As my username states, this is not truth-telling but fibbery. Kindly refrain.
With warm regards, and a reminder to always #bekind xoxo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Last year on a train strike thread I commented that my elderly parents were seriously effected by it, but luckily my sister was able to arrange for them to be picked up.

Apparently it was completely inappropriate for me to be concerned or annoyed as those striking were all wishing they could afford to go on holiday.

There was no insight that this was two people on state pensions (plus a small private one) who's two weeks every year in Devon is pretty much their only vice.

Reactions: 17
Ive just tested for Covid. Been ill for two weeks and it’s finally showed up. Can I get some sympathy coz I feel aŵful and it’s my 53rd birthday in two days.
---
I’m such a moany cow

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I saw the fanny waft pyjama thread. They are unhealthily obsessed with bodily functions and smells. It's like talking to a 5 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.