Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most telling comment on the ambulance thread:

“You seem to have quite bad luck, because you've also got quite a few threads about other healthcare staff making inappropriate comments to you”

Hmmm…

• Haha
Reactions: 18

“You seem to have quite bad luck, because you've also got quite a few threads about other healthcare staff making inappropriate comments to you”

Hmmm…
There is a poster with a serious drink problem who keeps getting carted off to hospital and then seems to get in fights with healthcare staff. Wonder if it’s her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Hmmm…
I just saw that comment and then had a look at OP's history because I'm nosey:LOL: it's the same person who recently posted this... and OP then proceeded to argue with everyone who said it was a standard, if slightly badly worded, conversation with the dr as the information was necessary to decide what should be done

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Actually on the subject of letters: it's legal to open one if the person doesn't live here and you need to inform the sender?
Yes it's legal.
Despite what is always trotted out on Mumsnet it's not illegal to open mail not addressed to you, it is only illegal to open it if it is to the persons detriment or if it is opened without good reason.
Opening to inform a sender is a good reason, so no offence committed.

Reactions: 9
@sistersofpercy cheers.

It took me ages to work out who it was to (ex-friend of landlord) then I had a real dilemma whether to phone solicitor, then felt relieved when I noticed trial date had passed. It appears bastard assaulted his girlfriend.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
@sistersofpercy cheers.

It took me ages to work out who it was to (ex-friend of landlord) then I had a real dilemma whether to phone solicitor, then felt relieved when I noticed trial date had passed. It appears bastard assaulted his girlfriend.
I'd have done the same as you tbh.
I open quite a bit. Bought this house 5 years ago and before that it seemed to be let short term for many years. The list of names is as long as your arm.
Spent the first couple of years with Return To Sender and that did deal with a fair bit, but other stuff kept coming. I took to opening it and contacting the companies directly which sorted another chunk. O2 were fun to deal when a tenant from many years prior apparently took out a mobile phone contract to my house but that also eventually got removed.
I'm now down to one bank statement a month. Something which NatWest refuse to stop sending under any circumstances despite many complaints. Fortunately our postie is fab and he doesn't even deliver it now, just throws it back in the system with 'not known at this address' on it.

Reactions: 4
I just saw that comment and then had a look at OP's history because I'm nosey:LOL: it's the same person who recently posted this... and OP then proceeded to argue with everyone who said it was a standard, if slightly badly worded, conversation with the dr as the information was necessary to decide what should be done
There’s nothing inappropriate about that conversation, the medic needed that info and was presumably considering the Mirena coil for pain relief instead of heavy duty analgesics.

Reactions: 9
Hmm, always male doctors/paramedics being “inappropriate“ with her.
Reads like fiction to me as both stories are very detailed.

Reactions: 7
It very much depends in your hair type, though. If you have naturally curly hair, washing it too often is really bad news.
I have curly hair and wash it 3 times a week and use leave in conditioner daily. I don’t think my hair smells of anything other than coconuts.

Reactions: 2
I'm a curly so I'm all about the co washing, but I bet it would work brilliantly for other hair types. It's good for dry and oily hair, since it doesn't strip the hair of natural oils to exacerbate dryness or prompt overproduction of oil to compensate. You have to experiment a bit to find the right products for you but I think it would work well for almost anyone.
Alas co-washing my straight hair is a recipe for disaster. The real lesson for these sorts of threads on mumsnet is that what works for one person might not work for everyone else and that’s okay. But of course few of them can see nuance very well!

Reactions: 3
Alas co-washing my straight hair is a recipe for disaster. The real lesson for these sorts of threads on mumsnet is that what works for one person might not work for everyone else and that’s okay. But of course few of them can see nuance very well!
What does it do to your hair?

Reactions: 1
I’m going straight to the bad place in the afterlife but…….the mother who was so worried about her child and couldn’t even type can now let us know her daughter’s blood pressure and heart rate in detail. Of course it’s sepsis and she’s going to intensive care.

Reactions: 8
I’m going straight to the bad place in the afterlife but…….the mother who was so worried about her child and couldn’t even type can now let us know her daughter’s blood pressure and heart rate in detail. Of course it’s sepsis and she’s going to intensive care.

I was thinking exactly this!! Also she’s been diagnosed with sepsis within a couple of hours… no wait for blood cultures?! Totally made up I think, suspected sepsis would be mentioned maybe but nahhh. It went from chest infection to a mention of a cut too. Of course anti vax family members who may recognise her post.

No families I have worked with would be updating a forum if their child was in resus sick enough to be heading for PICU. They barely update family, are in the moment. They would be remembering exact numbers either as she would be monitored continuously with them probably changing.

Her writing suddenly got more coherent too.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.