Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I probably haven't posted enough to be able to do that yet, but I couldn't cope with the responsibility if I did and they turned out to be a twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I do wonder how many posters on MN are actually Incel types getting a kick out of being arseholes to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I do wonder how many posters on MN are actually Incel types getting a kick out of being arseholes to women.
A username with a woman's name in it, or something explicitly female and flowery, is always a warning sign. Of course not all, but it's amazing how many times I've seen something that reads exactly like an incel or MRA, checked the username and it's AnnabelFlowergirl or XxxKatieTheMumxxX or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not S&B but anyone tracking “my daughter crashed her car”

“she’s probably been smoking weed”

Quantum leap?
Is that the one where the daughter crashed into a traffic light and thought it was a good idea to not tell the Police, leave her car at the scene and get a taxi home?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
😭 poor ND, can dish it out but can't take it
View attachment 2572352
Do you think it's her? Why wouldn't she just use her old name if she didn't mind people knowing it's her? The username suggests it could be someone taking the piss, especially since that level of universal simpering and fawning is far fetched even for her. The point of mentioning the shop assistant was in Waitrose sounds like a joke too...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If this one is a troll it's incredible work. Then OP's replies just keep getting better:LOL:

We rented to them on more of an informal basis. DH didn't get round to putting it in the scheme (I told him it needed to be done). What about the fact we'll now need to get it cleaned from top to bottom? Surely this is something the deposit should protect??

Now the whole place will need to be bleached and sterilised. But that I can deal with. It's the fact my property has been abused like this and the ramifications we could now presumably face!!

Clearly if it's illegal I'll be forced to give it back!! It isn't me who has broken the law. And if it is the world has gone mad. The point isn't the cleaning! It's the fact illegal activities have taken place in a property I own. That surely isn't acceptable and I have a good mind to report it to the police!

How can it be that tenants can treat a property like this, break the law and do what they like and apparently it's okay? These are illegal activities!!

I was in tears earlier. It might not come across well, but this has all really shaken and upset me. Surely doing anything illegal in the property would count as a breach of tenancy? Or you can just rent anything, start doing illegal activities, and that's okay now?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If this one is a troll it's incredible work. Then OP's replies just keep getting better:LOL:

We rented to them on more of an informal basis. DH didn't get round to putting it in the scheme (I told him it needed to be done). What about the fact we'll now need to get it cleaned from top to bottom? Surely this is something the deposit should protect??

Now the whole place will need to be bleached and sterilised. But that I can deal with. It's the fact my property has been abused like this and the ramifications we could now presumably face!!

Clearly if it's illegal I'll be forced to give it back!! It isn't me who has broken the law. And if it is the world has gone mad. The point isn't the cleaning! It's the fact illegal activities have taken place in a property I own. That surely isn't acceptable and I have a good mind to report it to the police!

How can it be that tenants can treat a property like this, break the law and do what they like and apparently it's okay? These are illegal activities!!

I was in tears earlier. It might not come across well, but this has all really shaken and upset me. Surely doing anything illegal in the property would count as a breach of tenancy? Or you can just rent anything, start doing illegal activities, and that's okay now?
The poor tenants probably spilled their dried basil or mixed herbs on the worktop when they were packing!
What a huge overreaction. Got to be fake.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Mum
The poor tenants probably spilled their dried basil or mixed herbs on the worktop when they were packing!
What a huge overreaction. Got to be fake.
I'm sure it's a troll. Second property, crap landlord, crying and shaking, evicting tenants to get more money on AirBnB... and asking Mumsnet for advice? Who asks Mumsnet for advice about anything except parenting and relationships? What else is it qualified for?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mum

I'm sure it's a troll. Second property, crap landlord, crying and shaking, evicting tenants to get more money on AirBnB... and asking Mumsnet for advice? Who asks Mumsnet for advice about anything except parenting and relationships? What else is it qualified for?
To be fair, it’s not really qualified for those either.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The tenancy one I read earlier. Absolute fiction. Loads of tick boxes to rile everyone up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Actually on the subject of letters: it's legal to open one if the person doesn't live here and you need to inform the sender?

Reactions: 3
Actually on the subject of letters: it's legal to open one if the person doesn't live here and you need to inform the sender?
I don't think so. You're supposed to write "not at this address" on the envelope and put it back in the post. I don't think you can argue opening the letter is necessary for return so you can't argue you had good reason for doing so.

Reactions: 2
It was quite official...it's been resolved now
---
It was about a court trial so I opened it. Sender was slack as trial date has already passed so I guess it doesn't matter if he pretended to live here whilst on bail and I don't need to do anything.

I did think about an MN post but would have got a lot of badgering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I am not generating invites for mumnetters! My tinnitus is quite bad enough without all the tinkly/silvery laughs they will come over here doing. I have no interest in being asked if I meant to be so rude and I do not want to hear what darling Rubella and Anthrax get up to at their 100k a year top private schools.
I also think that UPF's are bleeping awesome and do not wish to be told I have lost sight of what a normal size is. My fat arse is quite normal for me thankyouverymuch

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.