Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have noticed that a lot of people in S&B compete for how infrequently they wash their hair. I don't think it is nessesary to do it daily, but once every two weeks? And these are the same people who will divorce a man for not showering 3 times a day, and call you a stench bucket if you don't wash bed sheets nightly.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
There hasn’t been a competitive hygiene thread for ages. I love those! They range from the ‘I shower twice a day, sometimes three times’ to ‘I strip wash once a week, no soap, just water and never wash my minge’.

It’s so funny. The over clean get so upset with the mucky buggers.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Difference with tattle is anyone in the public eye can get it with a stick (sometimes too much!!) but we're supportive of each other.

You can post about any problems/upsets and you won't get any sarky responses. Not one.
Agreed. I am pretty new here but my impression is that while public figures get it in the neck (and the head, and the crutch, and the heart, and literally everywhere) and it can be really awful to them, posters are generally pretty nice to each other.

There's something really mean spirited about how so many MNers, if you've annoyed them, will immediately go towards trying to make you hate yourself as the most evil person ever to write on the Internet. Hilarious too, to be fair, but mean spirited.

Reactions: 14
Alright fess up, which one of you did this?
View attachment 2570934View attachment 2570935View attachment 2570936
---
ETA sorry for the tit cropping of screenshots!
I bet she's fun at parties!

Give it 3 years and another kid and she'll be moaning that she gets no family help and in laws aren't interested in her precious kids.
---
I have noticed that a lot of people in S&B compete for how infrequently they wash their hair. I don't think it is nessesary to do it daily, but once every two weeks? And these are the same people who will divorce a man for not showering 3 times a day, and call you a stench bucket if you don't wash bed sheets nightly.
I mean if you're going to spend 2000 on a sack dress you'd at least wash your hair. Or does unwashed hair just compliment the bag lady look? Can you tell how utterly unstylish I am?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The smell of dirty hair makes me retch.No way could I go more than 2 days without washing it.

Reactions: 8
I mean if you're going to spend 2000 on a sack dress you'd at least wash your hair. Or does unwashed hair just compliment the bag lady look? Can you tell how utterly unstylish I am?
A lot of them aspire to looking frazzled so I’m assuming matted, greasy hair is part of the aesthetic 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

Will never understand this and I own up to have spend years on Longhaircommunity. A forum for, you guessed it, people growing out their hair and there’s some vile stuff going on.
Sure I know as well as anyone that washing too often can dry out your hair, but that’s what conditioning is for. I’d much rather do that than smell a mingling scalp and have the itching from that.

Reactions: 7
There's something really mean spirited about how so many MNers, if you've annoyed them, will immediately go towards trying to make you hate yourself as the most evil person ever to write on the Internet. Hilarious too, to be fair, but mean spirited.
Yep, and they always add "I say this kindly" after tearing you a new one, which instantly absolves them of any responsibility for their behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Celtic sweater? She means an Aaran jumper right? That we sell to tourists for stupid prices.
I got one as a present years ago and it was itchy as duck, hated the thing.

Could mean 'From Celtic & Co', ie, two hundred-odd quid for something that looks no different to an M&S synthetic.

Bet I can tell where the 'dress posh' people will be heading next for knitwear, though - duck Cashmere, it's unmulesed Geelong and Alpaca all the way.

• Haha
It very much depends in your hair type, though. If you have naturally curly hair, washing it too often is really bad news.

Reactions: 6
It very much depends in your hair type, though. If you have naturally curly hair, washing it too often is really bad news.

Yeah that’s true, but it’s more again the Mumsnet competitive not washing because surely only the plebs who eat carbs get greasy hair. After all, their darling nana Ermentrude only ever ate the most wholesome grains raw and she only washed her hair twice a year….

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not S&B but anyone tracking “my daughter crashed her car”

“she’s probably been smoking weed”

Quantum leap?

• Haha
  • Wow
Will never understand this and I own up to have spend years on Longhaircommunity. A forum for, you guessed it, people growing out their hair and there’s some vile stuff going on.
Sure I know as well as anyone that washing too often can dry out your hair, but that’s what conditioning is for. I’d much rather do that than smell a mingling scalp and have the itching from that.
Omg I used to be on that forum!! Back in 2011-2012/13 I wanna say. I tried spraying my hair with rooibos tea (cooled), and did a cinnamon rinse in the shower, but instead my skin went bright pink and burnt. I also did a mayonnaise mask which did make my hair very soft after I'll admit. I also did dilute white vinegar rinses as well, due to being in a hard water area. And at one point bought one of those stick fork things to try and put my hair up. Funny how none of that matters and its all genetics as my hair is still long but using normal shampoo and conditioner lol 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg I used to be on that forum!! Back in 2011-2012/13 I wanna say. I tried spraying my hair with rooibos tea (cooled), and did a cinnamon rinse in the shower, but instead my skin went bright pink and burnt. I also did a mayonnaise mask which did make my hair very soft after I'll admit. I also did dilute white vinegar rinses as well, due to being in a hard water area. And at one point bought one of those stick fork things to try and put my hair up. Funny how none of that matters and its all genetics as my hair is still long but using normal shampoo and conditioner lol 🤣

We must have run across each others there, I was active then! And did all of that!
It’s really mostly genetic, I had hair long enough to sit on at one point while washing daily,which according toothed is impossible. It was healthy and shiny, just tiresome to deal with, especially with all the rather experimental treatments. Now it’s shorter, with standard shampoo and conditioner and still mostly healthy and I even use the scary hair dryer daily….

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just saw one of them refer to themselves as a food purist. I’m sorry, what?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm a curly so I'm all about the co washing, but I bet it would work brilliantly for other hair types. It's good for dry and oily hair, since it doesn't strip the hair of natural oils to exacerbate dryness or prompt overproduction of oil to compensate. You have to experiment a bit to find the right products for you but I think it would work well for almost anyone.

Reactions: 3
I can settle the hair washing debate. I have very fine , straight baby like blonde hair which I need to wash everyday to look clean and not oily
But when I have my extensions in which is thicker hair that I can curl I tend to wash my hair every third to fourth day. The curls keep the volumes.
It doesn’t smell

Someone just wrote Claire on a thread and it reminded me that I’ve not been here in ages. Looks like I’ve missed about three threads.

thanks Claire for reminding me , definitely with the angels xx

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.