Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s nothing quite like a sour ‘pit smell in a greasy jumper ☹
To be fair, with a nice 100% wool jumper, you don't really need to wash them that often. A gentle wash once a year or so before you store it for summer, and spot clean to get rid of surface dirt when it appears. You're not wearing it next to the skin (or you shouldn't be), so you shouldn't have issues with bodily grease and sweat.

Anything at all synthetic though will hang onto pongs like a mofo, and should be washed regularly. Wool will just smell like... Wool, if you air it properly. Even cooking smells come out on their own (tested after being set aside for a bit because I couldn't be arsed to wash it after having it in the kitchen while cooking and it smelt a bit.)

Reactions: 5
To be fair, with a nice 100% wool jumper, you don't really need to wash them that often. A gentle wash once a year or so before you store it for summer, and spot clean to get rid of surface dirt when it appears. You're not wearing it next to the skin (or you shouldn't be), so you shouldn't have issues with bodily grease and sweat.

Anything at all synthetic though will hang onto pongs like a mofo, and should be washed regularly. Wool will just smell like... Wool, if you air it properly. Even cooking smells come out on their own (tested after being set aside for a bit because I couldn't be arsed to wash it after having it in the kitchen while cooking and it smelt a bit.)
Yeah. I have a wool coat that got full of smoke at Bonfire Night last year and stank. I hung it up outside for a few days - and there was some wind, which really helped - and that did the job.

Reactions: 5
Not only have we lost sight of what a normal weight looks like, apparently we've now lost cooking and shopping as a skill and so no wonder people eat so much processed food

Reactions: 3
Not only have we lost sight of what a normal weight looks like, apparently we've now lost cooking and shopping as a skill and so no wonder people eat so much processed food
Anyone remember this one?

Well worth seeking out. It is possible to troll well and this one was, well, chef's kiss...

Screenshot_20231114-122854_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The tattle code thread is in trending, how long until Mumsnet delete it? To any mumsnetters lurking, I will send you a code next month but only if you pass the interview 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"Celtic sweater. So warm. And never needs washing. It's as if it self cleans!"

From WAYWT... either it smells really bad, or she's very neat and tidy and never spills anything down herself. My money's on the first.
Washing?

Why doesn’t she get her housekeeper to take it to the dry cleaners?

<head tilt>

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Christ I didn't realise how many of them were wanting codes. Mumsnet will definitely take that down soon:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They’re not allowed a code, I say so. I didn’t realise that one can’t simply just join Tattle and I’m revelling in the fact that I’m in an exclusive group. Let me enjoy that just a little longer …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
They’re not allowed a code, I say so. I didn’t realise that one can’t simply just join Tattle and I’m revelling in the fact that I’m in an exclusive group. Let me enjoy that just a little longer …
I cant generate anymore. I’ve only invited 4 people. I love the fact that membership of Tattle is sought after by Mumsnetters 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is so simple but really made me laugh

OP: I've been with my boyfriend 3 years
First reply: Well how long have you been with your boyfriend? I can't possibly give you any advice if you don't share that bit of information

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Christ, keep them out of here. They'd ruin the place. I presume I'm entitled to codes. I shan't be giving them away to Mumsnetters. No siree.

• Haha
I hope no one is giving out any codes to randoms on Mumsnet, it ain't worth it Hun!

Traditionally they came here to post "genuine question, why don't you unfollow?" 🙄, then go back to mumsnet to complain that tattle isn't freedom of speech. Like when has tattle ever claimed to be freedom of speech where anyone can say anything they like? Never.

People are free to witch about influencers and public figures. People that come to disrupt and troll are very quickly shown the door.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Alright fess up, which one of you did this?
Screenshot_20231114_143721_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231114_143818_Chrome~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231114_143828_Chrome~2.jpg

---
ETA sorry for the tit cropping of screenshots!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I cant generate anymore. I’ve only invited 4 people. I love the fact that membership of Tattle is sought after by Mumsnetters 😂😂😂
I’m surprised they’d want to lower themselves to join in here. I thought this was supposed to be the cesspit of the internet and we were a bunch of evil harridans.
I think I’m going to need a rigorous vetting process before I hand over my codes - preliminary interview, numbers round, essay about why they are deserving of a place, and then the finalists fight to the death. Obviously I can be bribed with cake and/or Tom Hardy’s phone number.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m surprised they’d want to lower themselves to join in here. I thought this was supposed to be the cesspit of the internet and we were a bunch of evil harridans.
I think I’m going to need a rigorous vetting process before I hand over my codes - preliminary interview, numbers round, essay about why they are deserving of a place, and then the finalists fight to the death. Obviously I can be bribed with cake and/or Tom Hardy’s phone number.
We all need to adopt this strategy. I can be bribed with rhubarb and ginger gin and large amounts of chocolate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Difference with tattle is anyone in the public eye can get it with a stick (sometimes too much!!) but we're supportive of each other.

You can post about any problems/upsets and you won't get any sarky responses. Not one.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Difference with tattle is anyone in the public eye can get it with a stick (sometimes too much!!) but we're supportive of each other.

You can post about any problems/upsets and you won't get any sarky responses. Not one.
I agree. Tattle posters are a warm and friendly community, and there’s a genuine sense of belonging.

• Heart
What a fruit loop (or non-UPF alternative) bacteria have been used in food production forever, bacteria is everywhere and there is good as well as bad...they're not making xantham gum from a dirty toilet seat.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.