Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate chocolate, and sugary things, whatever the quality. Tastes awful, makes my mouth go all nippy. I recognise that I am a weirdo and have addressed this by becoming a pudge because I love all the cheese, the cream sauces and the crisps!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve never heard of Tony’s chocolate. Maybe the Irish are too lower class.
It’s in Tesco, even my diabolically shite local one, and I’m fairy sure it’s in Dunnes and Supervalu.
It’s the one with the big chonky bars in bright wonka-like wrapping. I’ve tried one or two when they were on offer, they were grand like. Not exceptionally memorable to me anyway.

Reactions: 4
The To Be Sad No one Would Help one is a wild ride.
According to mumsnet it makes me a bleep but I definitely couldn’t help someone who was puking in public. Even the thought of sick makes me feel sick myself so then it would just be both of us puking. I would actively avoid them as much as I could and would not be going anywhere near them🤣

Reactions: 7
According to mumsnet it makes me a bleep but I definitely couldn’t help someone who was puking in public. Even the thought of sick makes me feel sick myself so then it would just be both of us puking. I would actively avoid them as much as I could and would not be going anywhere near them🤣
I did like the response that ‘I’d assume they were drunk so no I absolutely would not help’

Like they’ve had a few too many Pina Coladas, Maxine, they’ve not committed mass murder.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Some of those 'what are you wearing today' people confuse me. They don't even seem to like clothes. Some look reasonable and decent, like the greyhairwarmheart woman, oubliettebravo, the OP.
But some look like they need to retire some of those items, or like they've just crawled out of an explosion at a jumble sale.

I am intrigued by the one who always has a strange figure in the background wearing a hood.
We're all intrigued by him. Sometimes he takes his hood off and he has a green mohican. I think the poor man is trying to work from home and his wife keeps distracting him by stripping off and putting on yet another awful set of clothes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
When I worked in Antenatal, one woman brought her darling little half ton ball of 2 year old child in with her as she was going for #3. Lovely kid, likely to match his Dad in size and shape (6'9" and about 24 stone of Man Mountain).

Caligula. I tit you not.

And his 5 year old brother? Nero. I did ask if they were pet names for Julius and Lucius, but, no, they were the boy's actual names.

Still half expecting them to show up as Tory MPs at some point in the next couple of years.
I named my cat Caligula. He was an absolute loon when I picked him from the litter. Best. Cat. Ever. I felt it was apt to name him after a mentally ill psychopath dictator. Definitely Tory material.
RIP Caligs. We still talk about your exploits.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Defo sometime taking the piss!!
Its just showing how teeny tiny and delicate that are that they couldnt possibly eat a whole doughnut. Also implying anyone who can is a big fat cow, possibly even a size 10 and a poor too.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I mean I don't actually like donuts, but if I did I would eat it all. How big does she think they are?

Though, on reflection it may be someone taking the piss.

Pretty sure they must be teachers. Every time there are doughnuts in the staffroom, people chop them into little scraps, thus rendering them unpalatable to people who don't want to eat leftovers that have been handled by at least one teeny tiny with a blunt knife and half the filling has been spread out to attract bacteria and flies over the boxes.

I merely glower at the shocking waste as I can't eat the bleeping lovely things (in their entirety) anymore. Damn Coeliac.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I wish we had a tray of doughnuts in the staffroom. :( Instead we have half a packet of stale Rich Tea biscuits, a sachet of OatsoSimple and a curry flavoured Pot Noodle.
I suppose it's good in a way because I am a massively obese size 14 and can barely function as a human being.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
[
I wish we had a tray of doughnuts in the staffroom. :( Instead we have half a packet of stale Rich Tea biscuits, a sachet of OatsoSimple and a curry flavoured Pot Noodle.
I suppose it's good in a way because I am a massively obese size 14 and can barely function as a human being.
Vanity sizing <head tilt> 500 years ago you would have been a size 6000.

Shame! Shame!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
[

Vanity sizing <head tilt> 500 years ago you would have been a size 6000.

Shame! Shame!
There's a woman I work with who is - sshhhhh - a size 16!!! :eek: How she has the courage to be seen in public I will never understand.

Why is it, on Mumsnet, people are either a teeny tiny 6 - 8, who survive on half a lettuce leaf, or 23 stone binge eaters who are trying to get hold of Ozempic? There's no inbetween. Where are all the normal people? Where are the people I see every day who are average size?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There's a woman I work with who is - sshhhhh - a size 16!!! :eek: How she has the courage to be seen in public I will never understand.

Why is it, on Mumsnet, people are either a teeny tiny 6 - 8, who survive on half a lettuce leaf, or 23 stone binge eaters who are trying to get hold of Ozempic? There's no inbetween. Where are all the normal people? Where are the people I see every day who are average size?
You’ve just lost sight of what a healthy weight is.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s in Tesco, even my diabolically shite local one, and I’m fairy sure it’s in Dunnes and Supervalu.
It’s the one with the big chonky bars in bright wonka-like wrapping. I’ve tried one or two when they were on offer, they were grand like. Not exceptionally memorable to me anyway.
Tony's is everywhere in Dublin. I love it. Visited the factory where it's made in Amsterdam.Hadn't realised mumsnetters had a thing for it. Sullies it somewhat.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.