Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are middle class chocolates? Do they have less calories and sit judging the boxes of Milk Tray on the shelf next to them?
I feel like green and blacks is quite middle class 😅 it’s the only chocolate i eat but not because it’s specifically middle class

Reactions: 6
A takeaway a week is essentially poisoning herself and the entire family. She is drowning in UPFs there. Surely her own home cooked food is better than anything greasy and expensive? Hmm?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A friend of mine was an amateur photographer and was invited along to a local NCT group to take some photos and met a baby Ptolemy! Which may be the most pretentious baby name I’ve ever heard.
I have met an adult Ptolemy!!
Called" 'tol ".

Reactions: 2
I admit I had Hero on my list for my daughter after loving Friday’s Child by Georgette Heyer, which has a Hero in it, named after the character in Much Ado About Nothing. My husband was probably preparing himself for a fight but then Myleene Klass used it - she may have saved our marriage. (I would have chickened out and it doesn’t really work with the surname but I still think it’s pretty).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
IF I'm lucky enough to have another pregnancy, and that pregnancy turned into twin baby girls, I'd call them Dolly after Dolly Parton and Tammy after Tammy Wynette,
Almost worth getting two kittens to use those names, they'd be great cat names.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel like green and blacks is quite middle class 😅 it’s the only chocolate i eat but not because it’s specifically middle class
Nooooo they’re off the Mumsnet chocolate list because of PALM OIL. They all only eat that Tony’s one now. They love that. They’ll say things like ‘even Cabernet and Walker has gone to the dogs, and I could weep at what they’ve done to Lindt. We only buy Tony’s now, which is very reasonably priced’

It IS reasonably priced so I tried some recently. It tasted of bark.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On the '£500 M&S order' in S&B

£500? Pretty tasteless to brag when so many can't afford to feed their kids...

:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
On the '£500 M&S order' in S&B

£500? Pretty tasteless to brag when so many can't afford to feed their kids...

:LOL:
To be fair, just the title of that thread '£500 M&S Order - want to know what I bought' made me want to answer - NO.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It wasn't an M&S order! Half the clothes came from other shops.
I thought that too but she made it even more confusing as the links she posted were clothes that she already had and said that she was adding to, and then on her second post she went on to show the M&S clothes she bought. I was wondering when you started to be able to buy Primark in M&S but that wasn't even what she meant, she was just being stupid with how she worded it:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.