Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lol you couldn't make this up..

"Both I and my stbx are a good weight and both do on average 3 sessions of fitness or sport every week. There are rarely ready meals in the house (and DD doesnt like those), not a lot of cake or biscuits, only occasional crisps and sugary drinks, takeaways are no more than once a week and pizza is always home made, and we buy only the most middle-class chocolate. The only member of family who is notably over weight she only sees a couple of times a year, and no one around her is a fitness evangelist. You couldn't model a much more balanced eating and exercise life."
Hmmmm, not sure why I don't believe the last two lines of this post written by someone who endorses going low contact with notably overweight family members 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve just aged about 25 years reading a ‘beautiful story’ of some weirdo called Leah living on the island of bloody Sodor making tichels. I feel twee-d to near death.

Sadly most of you will never know about it as HQ just deleted it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When I worked in Antenatal, one woman brought her darling little half ton ball of 2 year old child in with her as she was going for #3. Lovely kid, likely to match his Dad in size and shape (6'9" and about 24 stone of Man Mountain).

Caligula. I tit you not.

And his 5 year old brother? Nero. I did ask if they were pet names for Julius and Lucius, but, no, they were the boy's actual names.

Still half expecting them to show up as Tory MPs at some point in the next couple of years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Some of those 'what are you wearing today' people confuse me. They don't even seem to like clothes. Some look reasonable and decent, like the greyhairwarmheart woman, oubliettebravo, the OP.
But some look like they need to retire some of those items, or like they've just crawled out of an explosion at a jumble sale.

I am intrigued by the one who always has a strange figure in the background wearing a hood.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Nooooo they’re off the Mumsnet chocolate list because of PALM OIL. They all only eat that Tony’s one now. They love that. They’ll say things like ‘even Cabernet and Walker has gone to the dogs, and I could weep at what they’ve done to Lindt. We only buy Tony’s now, which is very reasonably priced’

It IS reasonably priced so I tried some recently. It tasted of bark.
I tried the Tony one and I don’t get why it’s so special?
My favourite chocolate is Lindt or Toblerone. Or a Terry’s Chocolare orange. Probably makes me uncouth by MN’s standards.

Reactions: 5
I defy anyone to go with ‘Gertrude’ … even she decided at 60 after a lifetime of being Gert she was henceforth to be known as Trudy than you very much.
I watched Violent Night last night and the young girl was named after her grandmother - Gertrude! She went by Trudy which I had never heard as a nickname before. Her cousin was called Bertrude, after the grandmother as well. Obviously the grandmother is rich and her children were trying to get into her good books.

Reactions: 4
Some of those 'what are you wearing today' people confuse me. They don't even seem to like clothes. Some look reasonable and decent, like the greyhairwarmheart woman, oubliettebravo, the OP.
But some look like they need to retire some of those items, or like they've just crawled out of an explosion at a jumble sale.

I am intrigued by the one who always has a strange figure in the background wearing a hood.
Hopefully it’s the grim reaper coming for some of the outfits she sports. That bedroom must reek of dog and chazzer.

• Haha
I haven’t tried Tony’s chocolate, I don’t think I’m middle class enough
I bloody love galaxy tho!
DD has some interesting names in her school. I used to judge when I looked at the pegs in reception at her old school. Maybe I should start to eat Tony’s chocolates and wear sacks? 👀

• Haha
I haven’t tried Tony’s chocolate, I don’t think I’m middle class enough
I bloody love galaxy tho!
DD has some interesting names in her school. I used to judge when I looked at the pegs in reception at her old school. Maybe I should start to eat Tony’s chocolates and wear sacks? 👀
Mmmm, galaxy..... 😃😍

Reactions: 2
I’ve never heard of Tony’s chocolate. Maybe the Irish are too lower class.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I quite like Tony’s, the pretzel and praline one (?)
But I hate the blocks. They’re divided into random shapes instead of neat little rectangles. So flipping annoying to eat.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.