Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hero is a priestess from Greek mythology. She was coerced into shagging some twit called Leander, who lied his way into her knickers and then she killed herself when he drowned.

I think if she was alive today she would’ve been a mumsnetter.
Cassandra is one of my favourite names, but I cannot get the Greek myth out of my head. A woman who was SA'd be Apollo (I think?) who then was given the curse of prophecy but no-one would believe her.

Reactions: 6
Aye, same with Leda, keep her away from the swans in the local park for god's sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Cassandra is one of my favourite names, but I cannot get the Greek myth out of my head. A woman who was SA'd be Apollo (I think?) who then was given the curse of prophecy but no-one would believe her.
Isn't her son called Apollo? Obviously a fan of Greek history and/or myths!

Reactions: 3
Not mumsnet but a similar vein on Facebook. This picture was posted to reassure someone about their child's tooth that had cracked and you couldn't tell the difference 😬.
Also discussion on a different thread from someone asking advice about how to get their 5 year old sleeping in his own bed. Usual rubbish about why can't you give him cuddles, he just wants to be close to you etc, bet they all have au pairs who deal with the night times!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
lol you couldn't make this up..

"Both I and my stbx are a good weight and both do on average 3 sessions of fitness or sport every week. There are rarely ready meals in the house (and DD doesnt like those), not a lot of cake or biscuits, only occasional crisps and sugary drinks, takeaways are no more than once a week and pizza is always home made, and we buy only the most middle-class chocolate. The only member of family who is notably over weight she only sees a couple of times a year, and no one around her is a fitness evangelist. You couldn't model a much more balanced eating and exercise life."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I know of two babies born this year named Mitchell. It’s not for me.

Reactions: 5
A friend of mine was an amateur photographer and was invited along to a local NCT group to take some photos and met a baby Ptolemy! Which may be the most pretentious baby name I’ve ever heard.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know of two babies born this year named Mitchell. It’s not for me.
Only if they have the middle names Phil and Grant.

I once had a client with a daughter Chanel, but when I came to complete documents turns out she was spelling it Channel 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
A friend of mine was an amateur photographer and was invited along to a local NCT group to take some photos and met a baby Ptolemy! Which may be the most pretentious baby name I’ve ever heard.
I met a toddler Aldous a few years ago, (funnily enough his mum was called Hero). All I could think was that I bet his mates at school shorten it to ALDI.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What are middle class chocolates? Do they have less calories and sit judging the boxes of Milk Tray on the shelf next to them?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
A friend of mine who‘s husband is a bit of a pretentious twit decided that they would call their firstborn Heracles. Fortunately, they were persuaded out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.