Mrs Meldrum #73 Scraping the (biscuit) barrel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it so difficult for her to get the kids to do their homework?
You just tell them to sit at the table and do it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sentences, spelling words and a few sums.
I always got my children to do it after they eat dinner, clear the table and do homework with me there if they need help. Now they are going to secondary they have good habits and will get on and do it without fuss and ask for help if they need it.
I try to keep it relaxed and calm, I’m pretty no fuss about most things. It’s jist a part of their day.

God help her when they get to that stage and need taken out for hot chocolate to do it!
Do they really go to that cafe every school day for homework??
Once a week is what she's claimed, personally I think she's only done it that once and probably won't go back. Just like the other two second shite she spews.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
How long does it take between tax return and huge tax bill.
Especially as new rules means shed declared a lot more as gifted

Reactions: 1
She takes them to the cafe so she doesnt have to pick them up from school and then go out again and pick up Poppy. Here's an idea... pick Poppy up after the school run!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
exactly. I fail to see why it’s such an issue, particularly as the girls are young and the homework isn’t going to be particularly taxing. Yet again she’s dodging actually parenting them - can’t be arsed to sit at the kitchen table for half an hour, but is happy to go out to a cafe and act like a prize bellend staying for an HOUR, only buying 1 drink each and completely bleeping off the staff in the process.
One silly witch, two kids and a dog for an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Once a week is what she's claimed, personally I think she's only done it that once and probably won't go back. Just like the other two second shite she spews.
Ah, I am used to homework 4 nights a week and I was struggling to imagine me dragging the kids to sit in a cafe 4 nights a week while they write sentences containing their spelling words 🙄😂
Now they have homework at weekends too so I would never be out of the damn cafe!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is beyond weird. Does she think that none of us earn a decent wage? We manage to, without selling my kids childhood.

Reactions: 12
Ah, I am used to homework 4 nights a week and I was struggling to imagine me dragging the kids to sit in a cafe 4 nights a week while they write sentences containing their spelling words 🙄😂
Now they have homework at weekends too so I would never be out of the damn cafe!
At least you would never be short of hot cups of tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I did think only 1 night of homework? Bit Odd. 🤔

Reactions: 4
How long does it take between tax return and huge tax bill.
Especially as new rules means shed declared a lot more as gifted
we do our books in March, ready for end of tax year in April. Bill for corporation tax comes in during the summer normally but we are in construction so could be different.

Reactions: 5
Do Scottish primary give lots homework.
Reception here is hardly any work just phonics read a book. Colour in a letter or number.

Even at juniors it's 1 craft related project a term can't easily be done cafe
1 maths sheet a week
Practice spelling
Read regularly and log it..We read before bed or sometimes at breakfast.

Reactions: 3
Ask her in 4 weeks if they still go to the cafe after school to do homework! I very much doubt they will be. So out of touch! It can be hard getting kids to do homework, I get that, but suggesting to other parents that they do it in a cafe every week as it's so much easier? How about encouraging the children to do homework at home and incentivising it with hot choc and pancakes at home as a treat. Maybe she can afford that weekly treat but she should acknowledge it's not within everyone's budget and suggest alternative.
They won't be going next week let alone in 4 weeks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do Scottish primary give lots homework.
Reception here is hardly any work just phonics read a book. Colour in a letter or number.

Even at juniors it's 1 craft related project a term can't easily be done cafe
1 maths sheet a week
Practice spelling
Read regularly and log it..We read before bed or sometimes at breakfast.
My step son attends a Scottish primary school and receives homework every Monday which needs to be completed by the Friday of the same week, usually consists of reading and spelling.

Reactions: 6
What is this reference? 😂 obviously missed this
🤣🤣🤣🤣

She did an insta story once of her walking through the woods, she was talking about how she had a dodgy stomach and was desperate to take a poo so they were on the way to a cafe so she could take a tit because she couldn’t hold on until they got home...... seriously.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
How does a mum of 3 not know about a family cinema ticket?!! One who never brings her kids unless its a freebie !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Another reason why this vlog is utter BS. We like many, many business owners/limited company directors have just had to pay out Self Assessment tax bill on Friday! Leer and Grabby will be taking money/income out of Mrs Meldrum Limited, and will need to have paid by Friday their personal tax bill on any income/dividends they have taken out of the business between April 2018 and April 2019. That covers the whole neilsons/DLP gifted Holidays which need to be declared as income as over £50 in value. They should’ve had a pretty hefty bill. Not the week to blow £700+ on crap.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.